No announcement yet.

My New Look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really sharp. I like the way the silver emphasizes the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
      Joe, Looks great. As you know, I'm a big fan of the Naked ESs
      ...and you were instrumental in my choice of schemes. Thanks for your help!

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Joe that looks great, nice choice of schemes. Looks like another BOM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrash View Post
          Joe that looks great, nice choice of schemes. Looks like another BOM.
          Can the same bike be BOM twice? That would be cool!
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Wow, that is a beautiful bike. Nice work

Comment

Looks great! Is that seat cover from Sargent seats? Is that Supertrap still available anywhere?

Comment

A definite BOM if there ever was, love the new paint scheme! Makes me think, are either of those the "fast" color? :-)

Comment

very nice. what was your procedure for rebuilding the tabs? i'm going to work on mine this winter, thanks joe!!
                  1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

When I did if I used aluminium angle cut to shape and epoxied in place. Works great and doesn't take long.
                    Posplayr did a good write-up on it here somewhere

Replacing all the rubbers and lube with some Vaseline or similar is well worth the effort too.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Very VERY nice. Actually like this look over factory.
                      '80 GS1000ST
                      '92 ZX-11
                      Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Stunningly beautiful bike. Looks awesome Joe. The quality really shows though, both with the paint, and your tasteful mods.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Truly awesome, looks like a factory version of an ED. Great work Larry and Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Airstream View Post
                            Looks great! Is that seat cover from Sargent seats? Is that Supertrap still available anywhere?
                            Yes, that is a Sargent seat cover I installed myself along with some of their Super Cell Atomic foam to firm up the seat.

The Supertrapp Superlight Stainless systems are no longer made and are very rare. I was lucky enough to find a new in the box system a couple years ago. Check out this thread for some more info.

Thanks,
                            Joe
                            IBA# 24077
                            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                              very nice. what was your procedure for rebuilding the tabs? i'm going to work on mine this winter, thanks joe!!
                              Greg,

I came up with some creative methods to rebuild the tabs. Send me a PM when you're ready and I'll tell you what I did. I took some pics with the intention of creating a couple threads but haven't gotten around to it yet....

Thanks,
                              Joe
                              IBA# 24077
                              '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Working...
                              X