Spoked wheels for 81' GS450L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoked wheels for 81' GS450L?

My bike has mag wheels on it right now and I am doing a cafe conversion to it. Does anyone know of spoke wheels from another year/model that will fit the 81' gs450l with little/no modification?

I'd say 450T wheels should bolt straight on... go to Babbitts online, find the part numbers for your front and rear axles, then do a reverse search on them... wouldn't be surprised if the T's show up
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hmm looked up the 450T wheels and they are mags as well

Comment

81-82 GS450TX is what you want I have pictures on my build.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Check out the older GT wheels as well. I tried putting GS450 wheels on my GR and they won't fit. So I bought a GT rear wheel and laced the hoop and spokes up my hub. May be a possibility.

Comment

very cool, thx for the suggestions, here's a link to the build on the bike... not much yet.
            Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaydoc View Post
              81-82 GS450TX is what you want I have pictures on my build.
              Yup, that's what I was thinking!
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Axles are 15mm front and 17mm rear.

If you can't find the GS450 spoke wheels(not many at all on ebay), you could potentially get away with running some Honda CB 350 spoke wheels as they are all over ebay. You will need to make up some spacers, though. Front brake and sprocket alignment *might* get tricky.

I have everything at the house to see if it would work... will try and find out today maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by Billy T. View Post

If you can't find the GS450 spoke wheels(not many at all on ebay), you could potentially get away with running some Honda CB 350 spoke wheels as they are all over ebay. You will need to make up some spacers, though. Front brake and sprocket alignment *might* get tricky.

I have everything at the house to see if it would work... will try and find out today maybe...
                  tell me how that works out. I am looking to do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy T. View Post

If this works and you would be willing to make an extra set of spacers I would totally reimburse you for time and product

Comment

Working...
                    X