Painted my luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted my luggage

I thought I'd go ahead and do it. Not the best paint job, but ok I guess.

Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

That look great !
    Very nice job !

Comment

Hi,

Agreed. Nice work! That looks like an excellent "light weight" tourer.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Looks like you have a nice set-up there,road trip ready.... paint looks nice to.
        sigpic

1979 GS1000E
        1982 GS1100GL
        2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Looks very sharp to me! Ties the luggage into the bike paint scheme very nicely - good job!

Regards,

Comment

Makes me want to paint mine. Nice job! terrylee

Comment

I wasn't able to fully visualize that when you first mentioned the idea. That turned out rather well. Very nice.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Nice work. Beutiful bike
                sigpic
                85 ZG 1300
                86 ZN 1300
                03 Fat Boy (sold)
                83 GR650
                82 GS1000G
                82 GS650GT (Sold)
                01 Drag Star (Sold)

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm still trying to decide whether I like it this way or better black. I guess I'll keep it this way.
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Great looking colors...I wouldn't change it if I was in your shoes.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That's bike of the month material.
                      Excellent. I love it!

Comment

I was going to suggest that if you did anything further to it you should consider painting the lower part of the side bags and trunk Red as well, leaving the center section black. That would add a "sporty" stripe effect.

Two downsides to that idea, though. First, the side bags would show dirt more (we don't want that) versus black. Second, with the bottom of both the side bags and the trunk being textured, the color might not look as nice as the flat surfaces you already painted (and the paint might not adhere very well either).

So, while I think the look would be cool, ultimately I'd suggest you leave it as is ... it looks terrific! (I know, I know, we told you that already, hehe!)

Regards,

PS. I'd still recommend you add a '90's blazer/suburban/astrovan LED third brake light to the top of the trunk (like I did on mine - now Dantheman's). It's an inexpensive and easy retrofit that does a nice job of adding visibility to the rear when you hit the brakes ... plus (I think) it looks cool!

Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Well, if I did paint the bottom parts, it would end up being a flat finish. No offense, but I think it would end up looking a bit cheesey. The red lids are growing on me. I went to lunch today and saw it out in the bright sunlight for the first time, and it looked really nice...even though there's some orange peel in places. Yeah, I believe I'll leave it as is.
                          Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                            Well, if I did paint the bottom parts, it would end up being a flat finish. No offense, but I think it would end up looking a bit cheesey. The red lids are growing on me. I went to lunch today and saw it out in the bright sunlight for the first time, and it looked really nice...even though there's some orange peel in places. Yeah, I believe I'll leave it as is.
                            Good move! Regarding the bottom, I'm not sure it would look "flat," but I agree it probably wouldn't look "right," because of the texture.

Regards,

Comment

Great looking bike!

I like it the way it looks. rd

Comment

Working...
                              X