How to keep side covers on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quick Cal View Post
    Well I ordered the grommets from partshark. They do have great prices, but geez,,I didn't realize they order the stuff from Suzuki, and it takes 3-5 day for them to get it. Then add how ever long it's going to be to get it to me.

I guess if your not in a hurry that's great. But on a small part like a grommet, I'd rather pay a little more and get it a lot faster from Alpha.

Uhhh... I'm afraid I've got bad news for you. That's how they ALL work, even Alpha-Sports. No one has inventory of old obscure Suzuki parts sitting around. Well, Suzuki does, but they only sell to dealers, who then sell to you.

Every dealer has to order from the same Suzuki warehouses, then ship to you. Unless they happen to be your local dealer, Alpha-Sports is no faster than anyone else in this regard.

If you want your stuff ASAP, order it from your local Suzuki dealer. If they're a larger dealer, they place an order daily and will usually get stuff in three business days or less. (If it's a smaller dealer, ask how often they place orders -- some only send a weekly order, which can add several days...) Go in with your own part numbers and quite often they'll cut you a deal.

If you don't have to pay shipping, this often ends up saving some money. Plus you get to slobber on some new bikes while you're there.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Yup, what he said.
      I just recently discovered that one of my local dealers has an online fiche. I simply go to their site and place an order just as I would any other dealer. Except I have to call them a few days later to see if the parts are in.
      I'm trying to get em to call me when the order comes in, lol. But they're just a dealer.
      Cant ask too much of em.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        Uhhh... I'm afraid I've got bad news for you. That's how they ALL work, even Alpha-Sports. No one has inventory of old obscure Suzuki parts sitting around. Well, Suzuki does, but they only sell to dealers, who then sell to you.

Every dealer has to order from the same Suzuki warehouses, then ship to you. Unless they happen to be your local dealer, Alpha-Sports is no faster than anyone else in this regard.

If you want your stuff ASAP, order it from your local Suzuki dealer. If they're a larger dealer, they place an order daily and will usually get stuff in three business days or less. (If it's a smaller dealer, ask how often they place orders -- some only send a weekly order, which can add several days...) Go in with your own part numbers and quite often they'll cut you a deal.

If you don't have to pay shipping, this often ends up saving some money. Plus you get to slobber on some new bikes while you're there.
        Uhhh,,,,the news for you is every time I've ordered from Alpha, I've had my OEM part's at my door in 3 day's. The first time was all the rubber cushion's for the gas tank and seat, and the last time was the rubber cushion's for the seat tail cover,,,or what ever you call it. Maybe I just got lucky and they had it in stock. It's all good as long as I can get the part's,,right.

My local dealer is the slowest of them all. It takes a week. When I bought my air filter a couple of week's ago, I drove 50 mile's each way to get it because they had it in stock. I put it on in the parking lot and down the road I went. I really just wanted to go for a ride.

I guess I need to keep what you're saying in mind when ordering. Thanks.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Zip tie through the top where itgoes under the seat then around the frame. I carry a few extras incase I need to cut a tie to do something under one.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanBob View Post
            Thanks, Four Shot. I guess mine are long gone.

CUSHION, LH
            47117-45000

$1.46 each plus shipping @ partshark.com
            Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
            1979 GS850GN
            sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
            1975-2008

Comment

Working...
            X