SS screw sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS screw sets

Not sure if this goes here or some other place but here it is.Anybody used these guys for SS sets? http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT going to get this to http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT .If they seem to get good reveiws here.

Hi,

I got mine from Z1Enterprizes.com. Good stuff.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Fair price, I guess. Especially for the carb screws. At one time I offered sets of carb screws here. Both for the VM carbs and the CV carbs. But the competition was too much for the few cents profit.

I always get my SS stuff from a local supplier. But if it saves you time from measuring and running around, then I guess it's worth it.

One recommendation, and it's just my opinion. In addition to a lock washer I also use a flat washer. Obviouse reason is to prevent the lock washer from nicking into the engine (or carb) surface. I may be the only one around here that does this.

Comment

Make SURE you use "Antiseize" on the threads of ALL stainless screws or bolts going into aluminum!!! I can't stress this enough! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
          Fair price, I guess. Especially for the carb screws. At one time I offered sets of carb screws here. Both for the VM carbs and the CV carbs. But the competition was too much for the few cents profit.

I always get my SS stuff from a local supplier. But if it saves you time from measuring and running around, then I guess it's worth it.

One recommendation, and it's just my opinion. In addition to a lock washer I also use a flat washer. Obviouse reason is to prevent the lock washer from nicking into the engine (or carb) surface. I may be the only one around here that does this.
          To do this locally in Canada would be way more getting these from the US.

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Make SURE you use "Antiseize" on the threads of ALL stainless screws or bolts going into aluminum!!! I can't stress this enough! Ray.
          Yes I know.Can't be said to many times though.

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
          Hi,

I got mine from Z1Enterprizes.com. Good stuff.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          I know Z1 has kits to.Did ask if anyone has used these guys

Comment

Price seems a little steep after shipping. I bought mine from a home store with a hardware selection that can make a grown man cry (tears of joy) and paid about $7. Something to consider. Sometimes "suppliers" (Fastenal) have the market cornered and gouge prices.

As far as those guys? Their only negative review is someone complaining about the screws not being polished. Out of 4500+ transactions. Sounds good to me.

Comment

So nobody has actually ordered from these guys then?!

Comment

Bought a set from this seller,happy with them.
                http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
                1978 GS1000C
                1979 GS1000E
                1980 GS1000E
                2004 Roadstar

Comment

Thanks Rover.Pulled the trigger yesrday.Got a pretty good cut in the shipping.SS bolts in Canada are $$.So this is a good deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                    There's two schools of thought on lock washers, and you can find "experts" on both sides.

One camp says that using a lock washer with a flat washer defeats the purpose. If you look at a traditional split lock washer, it's designed to do two things - keep the bolt in tension AND the split is cut so the point will dig in only in counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise for you Brits) rotation and that will aid in keeping the bolt from spinning. A flat washer will allow the the lock washer to freely rotate.

A "star" washer works in a similar manner. You're crushing the star points, providing many little hooks into both the fastener and the material.

The other camp says it's all about the tension - as long as the fastener is properly torqued and the lock washer is competely tight, a flat washer won't make any difference.

The latter has been my experience also, but I'm by no means an expert.

Comment

Got them,going to be a bit of hunting but thet look really good.

Comment

Working...
                      X