Pic request. 650G seat cover. Where to buy new cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic request. 650G seat cover. Where to buy new cover

I'm thinking about ordering a new cover. I thought I had seen a company that heat stamped the exact pattern of a 82 650G into the vinyl. I can't find it now. Anyone know of this company.

So anyway. What are some company's you guy's have used, and how were the results. Pic's would be great.

Also. Anyone have a 82 650G they could take a pic of the pattern for me. My pattern is gone. I want to show the local shop and see if they can even come close. Thanks.

not the best pic, but on my '81 this is what the seat looked like when I got the bike in November:

this is what it looks like now. I took it to a local auto upholstery place and got it done for $85:

Comment

Here is what mine looks like. I think its a Saddleman brand.

Comment

bribird i need that powder coated engine STAT

Comment

Get hold of Pit Replica, they make quality items.
          With more than 30years of upholstery experience, we produce only the best quality and professionally hand crafted replica seat cover of the original in every detailed aspects to ensure a total facelift of your bikes’ originality outlook and perfect fit over stock foam and original pan

Check out Adler's thread here on his replacement

And here is Sedelen's cover, also from Pit Replica

Comment

I'll second Pit Replica. I just got a set for my '78 GS1000 Seat. They are quality materials and workmanship. They got the diamonds wrong though. Everything else is perfect.
            '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Here are a couple of links to pictures of my new seat cover. It started raining before I could take any good ones. as you can see they didn't get the diamonds and points quite right, but it's light years ahead of B&H and quite good. Flyboy's picture is exactly the same except his is a late '79 and up seat that is not flat but steps up and is quite big. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
              Last edited by OldVet66; 08-13-2011, 05:57 PM.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

LOL! ill take that as a compliment.. thanks I ended up doing it all myself cause of what the local powdercoater wanted to do it... I now know where he came up with that huge $amount he wanted. total pain in the ars, but well worth it....2 years later looks exactly like the day i pulled it out of the oven.

Originally posted by Pureformance View Post
                bribird i need that powder coated engine STAT

Comment

i hate stock 80s seat with a passion this one actually suites the bike. Not to be racist but what are they thinken when they make seats that wont even fit ur average asian rider

Comment

Bump for Saddleman to look at.

Comment

Working...
                    X