Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you who have clubman bars, how did you mount all your cabling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you who have clubman bars, how did you mount all your cabling?

Can any of you show me some pictures of how you routed your cabling, mainly the clutch and throttle cable?

The only way I've been able to mount my throttle cable without it revving to 6K on start up is to go straight out with it, and it still revs if I turn the bars all the way to the right.

Also, you'll notice that the master cylinder brake line is looped funny too.

Not clubman bars, Daytonas on mine but...

Did you change your cables? With the CV carbs you can go to GS550MZ throttle cable, and a 79 GS1000S cable for the clutch IIRC. That will take up a few inches of slack.

If that's an original brake line it's probably time for a new one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
      Not clubman bars, Daytonas on mine but...

Did you change your cables? With the CV carbs you can go to GS550MZ throttle cable, and a 79 GS1000S cable for the clutch IIRC. That will take up a few inches of slack.

If that's an original brake line it's probably time for a new one anyway.
      I just bought a new clutch cable because my other one broke when it was put in a different position, but I don't mind purchasing a new one. I was already on planning to replace the throttle cable anyhow, so I'll look into one for a 550.

Yeah, all the brake lines being replaced is the next thing. I'm wanting to go to stainless steel if I can afford it.

Comment

This is what I did.. You can see the clutch cable loop around behind the headlight and the brake line loop is a bubble trap that makes bleeding a PIA.

Comment

Interesting, thank you very much! I'll use your photo as a reference. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X