Water Transfer Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Transfer Printing

Have any of your guys had this done. I've seen one bike ever with this done to it and I thought it looked amazing. Well I just recorded a commercial for one of our new clients at the radio station who does this and said they could do my tank for less than $175. I talked to another company who did this a few weeks ago and their price was about the same. They say it lasts as long as paint, can handle extremely high temps including exhaust pipes and wont discolor due to gas spills etc. It's a really cool process which I had never heard about until a few weeks ago. HEres a link to the clients facebook page and you can see some of the stuff they "Dipped" and a few of the patterns they offer. Basically I'm thinking of a carbon fiber print with a red or yellow background. They do the base painting and prep too. Seems like an interesting alternative.

Nick

I don't know anything about it. So I googled it and I'm still confused. But this web site does explain it. Don't see how it would be cheap though, with the added clear coat and sanding.
    With over 50 years in the hydrographic film and hydro dipping industry, we have perfected our film chemical technology and we are bringing it to the world over. Whether you want your sporting equipment dipped, auto or motorcycle products, or anything else you can imagine, make sure you are dipping with Final Finish from Immersion Graphics.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Ive had a couple things when I was in paintball. Its a sheet thats receives the printed pattern, then its laid on top of the solution and the image kinda melts in the solution. You dip the part or object and the pattern sticks to the part. Ive seen swirls and all sorts of things done on some of the web sites.

Comment

It does look really cool. And like I said, the bike I saw looked amazing. Just not sure how it would look as a full tank dip. The bike I saw was frame and fender dipped.

I'm thinking of the pattern used on the orange part of this helmet.

But I would probably choose red or yellow. Maybe a metallic blue would look cool. I dunno, I'm kinda wanting something different, and I think this might look pretty cool. Just wish I could find someone who's had a little more personal experience with it.

Comment

Agreed this looks very sick! I emailed a few companies that say they do this, though none had prices readily available online you have to tell them what you want and they will give you a price.

Comment

Just an update, and wow am I excited!!! You can get a kit at www.mydipkit.com for 100 bucks, tempted to try this for my gas tank, side fairings and just about everything If I do ill post a topic all about the process.

Comment

Sweet. I'm very curious about it too. I wonder if they have the Carbon Fiber options? Seems cheaper than paint and if it last 6 or 7 years, it may be worth it. I'm gonna check into a local shop nearby and see if they have some other examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
                Not to get flamed............But...on an epidode of American Chopper....... The Money Bike.......Tins were dipped...water transfer?........

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/amer...oney-bike.html
                I saw that money design on one of the sites for water transfer, I would take a bet and say yea, thats what they did!!

Comment

Working...
                X