'81 GS1100e square headlight conversion to round light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saffa View Post
    the tank ,side panels ,tail piece ,clocks and headlight are what make this an iconic machine......round lights on square angular bikes dont really fit right in my opinion and i think the bodywork on thse just works...it is what it is and is recognised by these features

awesomeness........
    E, When I retired my '81 1100E from the track, I simply used whatever was readily availible, (to wit) a Locomotive 8" assy, GS850 inst.'s & the "hidden" h/l mounts . install was a breeze, and function & appearance was as OE. BUT... as Saffa states, the "bread box" & goofy inst. panel are a part of what define the 80-81 16 valvers. and like the "outboard motor tanks" of Honda sohc 750's are well..less than attractive. (my opinion), BUT, even at a distance anyone who knows/cares can ID these bikes from them. I'm a front fender away from having all the spare "bits" to go back to OE "paint", and while it's too far gone for anyone to mistake for stock, Like riding a Z-1 or Sandcast, riding a "recogniseable Icon" is it's own reward. All the "superflous" info provided by the inst. panel actully seems "cool" in retrospect, tho the 80 mph speedo still sucks. do as you will, but put me in the Breadbox column,, G

Comment

Working...
    X