What mirrors to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What mirrors to get?

I need some mirrors for my 1983 GS1100E. But I'm not sure what to get. I DO NOT want bar end mirrors.

I want something that will screw right into the stock mirror mounts (10mm right hand threads). I want something that is actually useful instead of seeing my shoulders.

What's your suggestion? Give me some eBay links!

To actually see back I like the ones on Old Yeller http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ken-Sean-Conv...item3f006468e2 priced between the cheap Emgos and the $$ Napoleons.Bar for the Skunk will not do these.Not sure how I'm going with that yet.

Comment

Wow! Those are $20 each. I don't really want to go with bar end mirrors though.

I'm looking at Superbike GP mirrors right now but those are $20 each as well.

Comment

Just got some from these guys-
        NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
        Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by 1980GS1000E View Post
          How the hell do I order from them? I don't see any checkout, cart, paypal or anything lol

Comment

These look cool.

I like how they are completely adjustable so that you have them sitting up high or low. But would it look right on my bike? Meh. The glass is probably too small anyways.

Comment

Well I may still have some use here, Clicky

I liked the mirrors I bought, even passed it on to a few members here who were pleased. Good price, great quality and damn good looks.

Hope it helps and you find what ya need.

Comment

Thanks for the link Ranger.

But I found a deal on a pair of Superbike mirrors.

Am I good or what? Cheap price and the guy is in Washington for a quick delivery .

Comment

The only way you are going to easily see behind you is with bar end mirrors...

If you get bar end mirrors, do not get the cheap Emgos, they are junk...
                  You need to find some Napoleons...

Don't know why you don't like the bar end mirrors...they work good, you can fold them out of the way and they look good...
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    The only way you are going to easily see behind you is with bar end mirrors...

If you get bar end mirrors, do not get the cheap Emgos, they are junk...
                    You need to find some Napoleons...

Don't know why you don't like the bar end mirrors...they work good, you can fold them out of the way and they look good...
                    I already tried bar end mirrors on my 1100E. It did not fit because the handlebar was quite thick! So the bar end would not fit. They're stock '83 1100E bars as far as I know.

Comment

You have to get ones to suit the size of the bar

Comment

Working...
                      X