Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight brackets

Hey all,
    Going to drop my headlight and gauges lower on the forks. Anyone got a set of brackets they want to send up here to canada. I have paypal
    Mines a 750, not sure if all forks are the same.

I think it would have been better to post this in the parts wanted section but whatever.

These work good.

My GS450 below. Lowered headlight and lowered gauges.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2011, 02:10 AM.

Comment

yeah, probably. good alternative. I'll have to measure them up for fit. How much did you drop your light from stock?

Comment

There are a lot of slidable headlight ears available on eBay and elsewhere, for as little as $15. I once made some out of PVC plumbing materials. I used 1.25" drain pipe over the fork tubes (35mm, in my case) and used pipe cement to glue triangular brackets made of sheet PVC to them, then painted the whole thing silver. Looked pretty good, and cost about $10. PVC is a lot easier to shape, drill and bond than metal, at least for me.

Comment

You can get those through just about any bike shop. They're in the Parts Canada catalogue as I recall. Maybe abit more expensive about $20 I recall.

They are pretty adjustable and you can mount them as low as the lower tripple tree.

If you're halfways handy you could whip up a set from aluminum or steel sheet too but they wouldn't be as cheap I suspect ( in time and money) but you make some interesting shapes.

Good luck with it.
          Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by nutsandbolts View Post
            yeah, probably. good alternative. I'll have to measure them up for fit. How much did you drop your light from stock?
            I dropped it about 2". Gives it a sleek and low look from the side!

Comment

I have a set off an 83 GS1100E
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBob View Post
                There are a lot of slidable headlight ears available on eBay and elsewhere, for as little as $15. I once made some out of PVC plumbing materials. I used 1.25" drain pipe over the fork tubes (35mm, in my case) and used pipe cement to glue triangular brackets made of sheet PVC to them, then painted the whole thing silver. Looked pretty good, and cost about $10. PVC is a lot easier to shape, drill and bond than metal, at least for me.
                Now that's creative thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  I have a set off an 83 GS1100E
                  Thanks for offering but I did do some looking and they can be had within canada, which saves me $. appreciate it though.

Comment

How much drop do you get by just inverting / swapping the mounts you have, or do you gain anything that way?

Comment

that's a great idea, I'll look into that

Comment

nuts and bolts..... just go to Alberta Cycle or Echo Cycle and order some aftermarket Emgo ones from Motovan..... You'll have them in 2 days for about $20 bucks.

I have the same ones as Flaming Chainsaws on my 400. You can mount them at whatever height you wish between your top and bottom triple trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Calliway View Post
                          nuts and bolts..... just go to Alberta Cycle or Echo Cycle and order some aftermarket Emgo ones from Motovan..... You'll have them in 2 days for about $20 bucks.

I have the same ones as Flaming Chainsaws on my 400. You can mount them at whatever height you wish between your top and bottom triple trees.
                          Thanks,
                          my only concern with the clamp-ons is; how far forward can I place the light from stock? Reason I mention that is I'm thinking of dropping the light to just in front of or slightly centered above the lower fork clamp. Then the guages will drop next. Was thinking about cutting and welding the stock ones to give me the best placement options. I'll have to measure up the clamp-ons to see what room I have.

Comment

Working...
                          X