Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS550mz Katana transformed to GS550 bobber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop it up! Learn on this rough bike and buy a nicer one to restore.

Comment

Really, really rare bike. They are very difficult to find...which...makes the parts valuable.

OR

Since it is complete, fix it up, give it some orginal paint and have a nice rare bike to tool around on......
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I'm coming over with the sawzall. I'm on P.C.H. now... El G.

Comment

If you chop this bike I will hunt you down and...

Ah, nevermind. SoCal is too far away.

I know I can't stop you from chopping that bike. But, I will join some of the others in nicely asking you to part it out and use the money to buy a more common bike to chop. Granted the 550MZ isn't worth big money like it's big brother but those who have them need parts.

Besides, for what you want that bike is the wrong canvas to start with. You want low and chopped. The frame is all wrong. Really. Sell the parts.

Did it work?

Chris

Comment

I love bobbers, rat bikes, cafe bikes etc but I am not sure that a real good bobber could come out of this. Wrong frame, wrong tank, wrong motor for me.

I would however get to work on making that one hell of a nice cafe bike.

Comment

Will a regular gs550 tank fit on this frame from the same year?

Comment

it comes down to what YOU want.

if you want a nice factory bike then just restore that one. if you want a bobber then do ALOT of research before hand and try to get an idea of how the bike will look chopped, lowered, with a solo seat, and everything else.

everyone else is right tho, typically that style gas tank is on "sport" bikes, most bobbers have more rounded and smooth tanks. and that frame is different than older GS's which are typically bobbed.

but who knows, if you do it right this thing could look like some sort of "race-bob hybrid" it could turn out really cool... or totally fugly... just do research and be really careful before you start hackin!

Either way im excited!
                ~Nate

Comment

will other year or the same year gs550 tanks fit on this frame?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun23a11en View Post
                    will other year or the same year gs550 tanks fit on this frame?
                    I know the 550 tank will fit on an 1100E. El G.

Comment

Working...
                    X