Ugly Taillight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly Taillight!!!

My '81 GS750E has what may possibly be the ugliest tail light I have ever seen in my life! It sticks out of the tail section a good 4 inches; what is up with that?

Does anyone know whether I can swap that lens for a smaller, subtler, better-looking one? Has anybody already performed this mod?

Thanks in advance,

Smurf

tail light

if you will look at my pics ina few days i will have pics of mine, very simply done, remove tail light, make pattern of it out of 063 aluminum, drill holes to fit, polish add any type light u wish

Comment

Looking forward to it Skyy!

Comment

re

Originally posted by Smurf View Post
        My '81 GS750E has what may possibly be the ugliest tail light I have ever seen in my life! It sticks out of the tail section a good 4 inches; what is up with that?

Does anyone know whether I can swap that lens for a smaller, subtler, better-looking one? Has anybody already performed this mod?

Thanks in advance,

Smurf
        If it is that ugly, I will take it off of your hands, and the refelector too. LOL

Comment

Then, everything really will be bigger in Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf View Post
            it's part of it's charm.... along with it's square headlight and cowling... makes it what it is

Comment

For sale!!

a charmed front bucket headlight, and matching rear tail light,, errmmm they really are for sale

Comment

charmed... ok - seems a shame to pull the stuff off something that are the very things that give it it's look. if you change the headlight and taillight you may as well have bought a GS1000 if you get my meaning

Comment

That's what I'm doing. I'm building a blue and white GS750S. I have a fairing on it's way. Just trying to find out whether anybody else has replaced the taillight on the 81 GS750E with one more like the one on the 79 GS1000S. Don't want to replace the tail section cuz that has the hole in it for the seat release lock.

Comment

Working...
                  X