140mph Odemeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140mph Odemeter

I'd like to get one that fits in just like the stock. You can see what I'm talking about in this video of an 82 1100 GL. I would also like the thing in the middle of the handle bars that plastic piece... Anybody know of a source?

No video that I can see. If you're looking for a stock speedometer, they are out there, probably even on ebay.

Comment

Is this it? For sale,pm me.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
      1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

I picked up my 140mph speedo on E-bay, high demand for these, not too many people want a 85mph speedo these days, I mean you got a bike that'll do 130-140 and you get this 85mph speedo, what a joke, but that was the law then I do believe.

As far as that handlebar cushion, it's a rare bird (don't see too many of these wherever you look for them). But the GS1100 one just looks so chintzy to me compared to the GS1000 and others. Also it's a two piece the rubber on top and the mounting bracket on the bottom.
        Here's the rubber part that goes on top of the bars, it was a stock item on the '83 GS1100E model. It doesn't include the bottom mount, maybe you could gorilla glue it on .

sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Yep, it was a pointless law that required speedometers to read no higher than 85mph.
          It was from 1979 till sometime in the 80's.
          (a complete "feel-good" law, that actually offered no benefits...)

Sure makes me love and appreciate my 78 though!

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
            Yep, it was a pointless law that required speedometers to read no higher than 85mph.
            It was from 1979 till sometime in the 80's.
            (a complete "feel-good" law, that actually offered no benefits...)

Sure makes me love and appreciate my 78 though!
            Are you sure it was from '79? my '79 GS1000 has a 140 speedo.
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X