It's not perfect, but it's mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not perfect, but it's mine

I took all of your advice, and my '83 looks better. I wanted the world to see that it's a GS, so I had some bolder decals for the sidecover cut - whaddya think ?

Sorry but no. Looks redneck.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      Sorry but no. Looks redneck.
      Agreed, IMO anytime your veer away from stock it robbs it of its integrity somewhat..

Still a nice bike though...what kind of pipe is that?

Comment

I think it would work better if you get another decal in black just a touch smaller and put it on. So they would match the lettering on the tank.

Comment

I'm not sure what kind of pipe it is - it came with the bike, and there's no identifying marks on it.

The factory decal is white, stringy lines outlining the letters.

I've got a set, on another set of sidecovers I painted, so I can always make it look stock.

Comment

Shiney and clean...

I like it
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Nice looking bike! The decals may not be stock (I usually prefer stock items) but they don't look that bad. There was a guy in my old neighborhood with an old Delta 88 with '7.5' on his front quarters in gold mailbox letters - now THAT'S redneck - and funny!
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Don't let these guys and gals fluff your feathers. Do what you like, it's your bike!!

I got some ball busting about the debadging and lettering on my bike at first, but I like it so it's stayin!!

The lettering is actually red, it looks orangish in this pic.... Definately not stock... not even close... Call it Neo-Classic! DO what makes you happy!

Comment

Originally posted by keman View Post
                  Don't let these guys and gals fluff your feathers. Do what you like, it's your bike!!

I got some ball busting about the debadging and lettering on my bike at first, but I like it so it's stayin!!

The lettering is actually red, it looks orangish in this pic.... Definately not stock... not even close... Call it Neo-Classic! DO what makes you happy!
                  That's kind of neat looking too. Got a pic of the whole bike? What does it say?

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

There was a guy, many years ago with the same idea and repained and badged his bike with Japanese script.
                    He copied the Japanese "Suzuki" directly from the famous red OEM parts packet we know so well, and was very proud of it and showed all and sundry who were prepared to look.
                    Until one fine day a Japanese speaking mate translated it for him......."Suzuki Genuine Parts"

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                      There was a guy, many years ago with the same idea and repained and badged his bike with Japanese script.
                      He copied the Japanese "Suzuki" directly from the famous red OEM parts packet we know so well, and was very proud of it and showed all and sundry who were prepared to look.
                      Until one fine day a Japanese speaking mate translated it for him......."Suzuki Genuine Parts"
                      Love it! It's still a cool idea though.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                        1983 GS 1100 G
                        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                          I think it would work better if you get another decal in black just a touch smaller and put it on. So they would match the lettering on the tank.
                          +1, but whatever floats your boat...it is your bike.
                          Pipe is a Mac, I believe.....buddy had one on his '83 too, that was laying down around 150 hp (1260 kit + nitrous). He has an ironic sense of humour.
                          '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                            That's kind of neat looking too. Got a pic of the whole bike? What does it say?
                            Lots of pics in my profile, also in the thread I started http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=184365 in the general forum.

The lettering is old kanji converted to single symbol lettering. The sides say GS850G, the tank... SUZUKI..
                            The decals are under a few layers of clearcoat, so they will not get rubbed or damaged during day to day wear and riding.
                            Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X