DIY Side Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Side Cover

I know I saw a thread on here before. I thought I had bookmarked it but I guess not. Can any of you point me to the right thread? The search doesn't even seem to get me close. Thanks!

EDIT: Not this one. There was another where the guy made the entire side cover.
    I think it was a more detailed version of this.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2011, 07:01 AM.

I have this on my list of things to do.. I'm still playing around with a few other molds and probably won't get to it for awhile..

The mold making process is the same as I used for the air box lid.. It will just use more materials.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

I think it will require a 2nd mold to lay up the tabs then you would bond the 2 molded pieces together. You wouldn't need to vacuum bag it either since it's a fairly simple mold. NO need for carbon unless you want to get fancy with it.. I'd probably just do 2 layers 3/4 oz (one straight cut and one bias cut) cloth, 2 layers 2oz (straight and bias) 2 layers 4oz then bulk it up with some heavy cloth to your desired thickness. Blot, throw down some peel ply cloth and let it cure.
    You can start with heavy cloth if you want but they tend to telegraph the weave pattern into the finished surface.

Comment

Working...
    X