Aesthetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aesthetics

I have enclose 3 snaps of my 79 gs850 gas tank. {Hopefully they will show up } Anyways , Im wondering if anyone knows how to get these dents out? I was wondering if i could go in thru the filler neck and pound them out? Is the sleeve in the filler neck removable? Unless i can remove it , i wont be able to pound them out?
    I have received alot of great answers to my questions in the past , and again would like to thank everyone for that , as well as the excellent advice I'm sure to receive on my latest inquiry....
    Graf

posting other two pics now.........

Comment

and the last pic,,, sorry havent figured out how to attch more than 1 file at a time..........

Comment

Boy, those are ugly. They're gonna be hard to repair, especially the left side where the emblem goes. A stud gun would be my advice, but it'll never get em all the way. Pull them (or have a body shop pull them for you) as far as you can w/o pulling them too far, then fill with a good quality body filler. It might be easier in the long run to look for another tank.
        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

definetly a stud gun with a slide hammer will get those out. but at what cost? if you could rent a stud welding gun and the slide hammer id say get at it but if you have to take it to a body shop it would be cheaper to get a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Grafilthy View Post
            and the last pic,,, sorry havent figured out how to attch more than 1 file at a time..........

Follow these steps and you can post pictures. I have an undented (but ugly) '81 GS850G tank if you want it, for $60 plus the cost of shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

Guys thanks for all the advice , i think i will start looking for a new used tank ... Saw a few on E - bay ... And will look into other sources as well .....
              Now if I could just get the timing right , some blinkers {all 4 } , and some clip ons or
              clubmans , She'd be ready to roll .....Perhaps by tomorrow I'll have most of it back together and will post a couple shots of it .

Thanks again for all the great help Ive received on here...
              Graf

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                ... I have an undented (but ugly) '81 GS850G tank if you want it, for $60 plus the cost of shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Did you miss this part of Dan's post?

Comment

Working...
                X