Seat Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Question...

Hey I am going to get my bike back soon....It works, it runs, everything on the maintenance list is done(YEA!).

Anyhow next up is the cracked vinyl seat. (I know its an "L"....).

I know there are kits out there for re-covering it yourself, and I have looked at the vendors, and was unable to find my seat. Otherwise Id probably go this route...Seams easy enough with the walk through on someone site (I don't know who... but thanks to that site, I did a lot of stuff, and have enjoyed my GS to no end)

I will probably have an upholstery shop re-cover it, one down here was recommended, and they gave me a good price for what ever design I wanted. What would you guys do for design, since the sky is just about the limit.. I was thinking something like a silver edge with black material, maybe a checkered pattern (maybe a little too busy?). Is there any thing you guys would do in particular as I have "no taste" in designing things like this. (Evidence above with my ideas and suggestions...)

Ideas:
    -materials, you like Vinyl or Leather, some carbon fiber-ish new stuff, duct tape?
    -patterns? Plain, Stitching pattern original?

I am open to ideas.

The pic was taken when I first got it. Sorry. I will post a more recent pic when I get it back. I have fresh rubber everywhere, new hoses and clamps, and I added the battery cover back, to hide the hideous white battery oh and new signals, new mirrors, tires chains and sprockets which are not in this pic.

Here is a cover option:

Comment

Note that Pit Replica is in Thailand and currently has flooding problems from what I heard here.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
        Note that Pit Replica is in Thailand and currently has flooding problems from what I heard here.
        They're still selling covers on e-bay.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
          Maybe but I wouldn't expect anything quickly out of Thailand right now.Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
            I have a tracking number for one that is enroute to me. I did hear that part of their operation had water issues, they may have multiple locations.

Comment

Working...
            X