looking for mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for mirrors

I want to replace the mirrors on my bike for something a little more profile. I don't wanna give up safety though. I just think the current ones look funny sticking up like mouse ears! Any ideas or pics would be appreciated. This is what they look like now.
    Thanks
    No signature :(

I am partial to the longer/taller rectangular ones myself.
    Increased viewing area and a more modern look:

Daniel

Comment

I think rectangular mirrors would look the bomb with your rectangular headlight...
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I believe they have the same rectangular mirror with a lower profile that branch out to the side the same. I think they would look good with the lower bars you have.
        81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

I have the rectangular extra length mirrors on my bike. When I changed the bars to the lower profile ES bars, I found I am looking into a tilted rectangle. They still work fine but it just bothers me that the mirror isn't parallel. I'm thinking of trying these. Not cheap, but neither are the Suzuki ones.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
          https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

I have the rectangular mirrors on my Yammie, and I just bought some Honda CB750 mirrors for my GS. I like the round mirrors better as far as actually using them. However, the rectangular mirrors look better. Either way, invest in something decent! Both sets of my mirrors vibrate at highway speeds and are just about useless. I still look over my shoulder before ever changing lanes anyways, but, I guess I just use the mirrors to see who is sneeking peeks at our awesome bikes!

Comment

Here's a link for some Ken Sean motorcycle mirrors from RK America.

I like those little mouse ear mirrors that you have.
              If those are stock Suzuki mirrors I'd like to make them mine along
              with the shock mounts.
              sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Yeah come to yhink of it rectangular to match the headlight might be a good idea. And bccap I like the idea of the "bar end mirrors" too! I just don't want to give up too much visabilty although I of course always shoulder check too. Funny when I was a young punk I probably would said "I don't need to see where I've been". Or something stupid like that. haha

Comment

I have the round Ken Sean RK mirrors and I love em.. Solid mounts.. they don't vibrate.. I can see what is behind me clearly..
                  I did swap out the ugly hex bolt for a button head socket bolt.

They make a squarish one too.

I'd love a set of Halcyon 830's but at $75 each they are a bit out of my price range.

Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Those mirrors have been changed, the GS(X) came with rectangular mirrors stock, not round ones.
                    The rectangular ones are my favorite.

Comment

Not in North America.
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                      https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Well, color me happy, ain't that interesting, first time I have seen that.
                        Over hear, the last year to get round mirrors was 79 or 80, from '81 everything had rectangular mirrors, you learn something every day

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          Not in North America.
                          Are saying my bike with the round mirror is not the north american version? I'm confused because it's the"X" that is the UK version.

Comment

Working...
                          X