83 GS1100E Cafe Faring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS1100E Cafe Faring

Does anyone know where I can get a small Cafe style faring for my 83 GS1100E? It's hard to find one since it has the large headlight. If you have one you'd like to get rid of let me know. Thanks, Lee

Don't hold me to this but I believe www.airtech-streamlining.com has Wes Cooley Replica fairings. I'm pretty sure that if they still make these that they have the 8 inch headlight opening. The one I have on my 1100 has the large opening but it's made by a company no longer in business. Before I wrote this, the link wasn't working... at least right now for me. Any way, the windscreens are sold by www.zerogravity.com and come in clear and smoke and they're about $65.00. I bought one from them about 2 years ago and it's a good company to deal with. The only other thing is that if you do buy one of these fairings It'll have to be painted and the bracketry fabricated. Really not that big of a job.

Comment

Here is a website I found recently that has bikini and 1/4 cafe farings for the 8 inch headlights. If you get one tell us how it is.

1982 GS1000S Katana
      1982 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by pano
        Here is a website I found recently that has bikini and 1/4 cafe farings for the 8 inch headlights. If you get one tell us how it is.

http://www.omarsdtr.com/fairings.html
        Wow! I didn't know about that one. That'd probably look pretty sweet.

I've got the Wes Cooley on my '82 E which works great. The one Jeff Tate has was made years ago as an aftermarket specifically for the 8" headlight, but it's been long out of production. The airtech one is made for a 7" headlight but has a tapered well, so it might be adaptable to an 8", but I doubt it - the well doesn't look deep enough allow that much trimming.

The one I have came from a salvage yard for $20 and has a distinctly deeper well that the airtech one, so I was able to trim away about an inch to make it fit the 8" headlight. Then got a smoke windscreen from Zero Gravity.

Another option that I considered and think would look very sweet is to get a reproduction R90S fairing from airtech (click on "vintage") - these have 8" holes and specifically state GS1100E application.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Hmmm I didn't know that the AirTech fairings had the smaller opening. Thanks for clueing me in. I guess I won't be recommending that one for 1100's anymore.

Comment

Jeff I think Bert was indicating the airtech BMW RS90 fairing listed under vintage has the 8 inch hole and is listed as a fit for the GS1100. I want to get a faring some day but it is lower on the list right now.
            1982 GS1000S Katana
            1982 GS1100E

Comment

You might want to try these guys, www.magicalracing.co.jp
              Check out the 1/4upper cowl they list.
              Doze.

Comment

Working...
              X