No announcement yet.

Pit Replica 78 1000 seat cover installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedelen, thanks for posting a picture that doesn't direct me to spam. (Please change your picture hosting site, Chuck.)
    That seat looks perfect!

Daniel

Comment

Steve..I didnt have any troubles really. I think it was you that posted to get the back area lind up and then the front. Once I had that i only compressed the foam about 1/2 inch and then stretched the sides over and hooked everything on the pointy hooks. It worked like clockwork. I also liked the replication and thickness of the seat padding on the inside of the cover. These pads are about 3/8 inch thick and will dd some extra cushioning to the seat when you sit on it. As far as the grab rail holes go, I just took a phillips screwdriver and poked a hole thru each on in the pan and put those grommets and buttons back on. Soon as I get around to removing the broke bolts inside the grab rail I will swap them out. For now its a 180 degree improvement over the gorilla taped holes and rips!!!
      Last edited by chuck hahn; 12-22-2011, 11:04 PM.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Dan...sorry you cant see mine.
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          Steve..I didnt have any troubles really. I think it was you that posted to get the back area lind up and then the front. Once I had that i only compressed the foam about 1/2 inch and then stretched the sides over and hooked everything on the pointy hooks. It worked like clockwork. I also liked the replication and thickness of the seat padding on the inside of the cover. These pads are about 3/8 inch thick and will dd some extra cushioning to the seat when you sit on it. As far as the grab rail holes go, I just took a phillips screwdriver and poked a hole thru each on in the pan and put those grommets and buttons back on. Soon as I get around to removing the broke bolts inside the grab rail I will swap them out. For now its a 180 degree improvement over the gorilla taped holes and rips!!!
          Thats about how I did mine, I used a reamer to poke holes for the grab bar bolts, there's a certain degree of error you can make because of the larger diameter of the grommets that fit around the chrome where bolt holes are but not too much. I fitted the bar prior to see where all the bolt holes were under the pan, as those holes in my pan pan were elongated, and marked the underside of the pan for them when I had the grab bar centered. Once I got the cover on, I took a staight pin and put it through from under the pan where I marked it and that's where I knew the hole was going,
          then I used the reamer on the other side to make the hole and did one bolt hole at a time, nerve racking.
          I think Pit Replica makes a very good seat cover, I like the quality and the fit. Now I guess we'll see just how well it holds up!
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Dan...sorry you cant see mine.
            I get to see them but each picture directs me to something else.
            Everytime you post pictures. So, I usually only view one of them due to the hassle.

Daniel

Comment

If it redirects you to imageshack, then youll see a thing on the right that says prev / next.....just use that and you dont need to go back and forth.

Comment

If it redirects you to imageshack, then youll see a thing on the right that says prev / next.....just use that and you dont need to go back and forth.
                I don't have no problem with it, as long as I keep advancing the pic's in the right direction.
                sigpic
                Steve

Comment

Dan had posted he finds it a hassle because the link redirects him and he has to go back and forth..he may not have seen the advancer feature.. I am gonna be ordering the flat 78C seat cover after Xmas.

Comment

I am gonna be ordering the flat 78C seat cover after Xmas.
                    Just remember Chuck, he quoted you a $69.90 price in that E-mail he sent you, so don't pay that $79.90 price of the one posted on e-bay.
                    sigpic
                    Steve

Comment

Yeah..they said I could get a 10 dollar discount be3cause i supplied the pattern...I dont mind the extra 10 bucks cuz its gonna be a great cover as well and worth every penny far as I am concerned.

Comment

Yeah..they said I could get a 10 dollar discount be3cause i supplied the pattern...I dont mind the extra 10 bucks cuz its gonna be a great cover as well and worth every penny far as I am concerned.
                        OK deep pockets, but I don't think you should pay anymore than you have too.

Signed
                        "Empty Pockets"
                        sigpic
                        Steve

Comment

DEEP POCKETS?????? LMAO . Im just not a cheap skate like so many are. Whats the big deal of haggling over a few bucks..it will most likely be the last cover the bike will ever have as long as I own it so why quivel over it is my perspective.

Comment

Hey Steve, is the seat cover in your post, from pit replica? How much was the total with shipping, seeing we are near each other? Also, anybody know where I can get a grab bar for it. Mine was gone when I bought it and I'm useing, very badly I might ad, the one from my 80 1000G.
                            :cool:GSRick
                            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                              Hey Steve, is the seat cover in your post, from pit replica? How much was the total with shipping, seeing we are near each other? Also, anybody know where I can get a grab bar for it. Mine was gone when I bought it and I'm useing, very badly I might ad, the one from my 80 1000G.
                              Yes, it's a Pit Replica seat cover, it's been a long time since I got it which was Sept 22, 2010, and I didn't install it until May 05, 2011. I actually didn't buy it, it was an E-bay auction that I won, only bidder, for $62.90 plus $15.00 shipping for a total of $77.90. That seat cover is made in Thailand, takes about 30 days to get.
                              I did have a GS1000 grab bar up until Oct 25, but I gave it away with some other seat parts, otherwise I'd offer it up to you. They do pop up on E-bay occaisionally.
                              sigpic
                              Steve

Comment

I used 3M spray adhesive to keep the sides of my Pitt '78 C cover nice and flat. It breaks free from the foam after a little while, but gives it time to form like it should without any wrinkles and stays close to the foam afterward. Chuck, I hope the pattern you sent in straightens out the problem they had with the diamonds on their old "C" cover. Mine was a mix if diamonds, squares and rectangles. Not too noticeable, but not right either. It is still a nice cover, very well made and good material.
                                http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                                X