Duplicolor Engine Primer and Enamel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicolor Engine Primer and Enamel Question

I picked up some Duplicolor Engine Enamel primer and paint. The coating window is before 1 hour and after 7 days.

What is the procedure when going from primer to paint?

Start paint within 1 hour of priming or wait 7 days after priming to let it cure?

Just wondering. Anyone used it before?

Been going through the same thing using Duplicolor.
    I'm impatiant so I prime, wait 10 min or so and prime again.
    Then after about an hour I paint, wait 10 min or so and put on a second coat.
    So far so good, if it's going to gas out and make a mess I haven't seen it yet. (Yet)

Oh, no expert here............

Comment

I didn't use the engine primer (other stuff instead) but did follow the can's instructions to a point - had a lot of work to do to sand down the high bondo spots after applying the primer first.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

You don't need much primer. A couple of light coats is plenty. If you spray the primer and it turns out nice, go ahead and shoot the paint after it flashes off: 15-20 minutes.
        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. I'll let you know how it turns out when it gets warm enough.

Comment

Working...
          X