tail bags that look good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tail bags that look good

i just put my 82 gs 1100g on the road. i am looking for a small tail bag to put a change of clothes or bathing suit and towl in for the beach. has anyone put one on their bike they like? i don't really want saddle bags or a tank bag. any pics would help. thanks

I picked up one of these off the local craigslist. New-- with tags for $50.00.

'Firstgear Silverstone'

P.S. I couldn't get by without my tank bag!
    Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Eclipse

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Smaller Eclipse.

Here is one on my brand X:
        Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2012, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I have used Nelson Riggs since 1999 and they have held up well, fit all of my bikes and have plenty of room. Here are pics from my ride today in 43 degree Indiana.

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

I use the Motcentric roll bag on both my 750 and 1100. Plenty of room, and holds its shape when empty.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
              I have used Nelson Riggs since 1999 and they have held up well, fit all of my bikes and have plenty of room. Here are pics from my ride today in 43 degree Indiana.

I like your original paint scheme. Looks great!

Daniel

Comment

hey guys thanks for the pics. sorry it took so long to respond had a crash with my truck just getting back on my feet. i will have some time now to post my build on the site. all your bikes look great.

Comment

great pics. I have a 550 so no long distance for me. no bags required

Comment

Glad you are getting well enough to ride. I tossed my dirt squirter down on Christmas eve and am still on the mend. The good news is the race motor for the GS is ready to be picked up...
                    Curt
                    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

it is killing me not to be able to ride it. i took the bike out for the first time the day before i crashed. i loved it! the weather is perfect and i am stuck in the house kinda still bunged up.

Comment

Originally posted by cid View Post
                        There is nothing to stop a 550 from making long trips.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                          There is nothing to stop a 550 from making long trips.
                          I rode a GT 550 across the states, with no issues.
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by cid View Post
                            I used to make the eight hour trip from Toronto to Sherbrooke several times a year on a GS550T. I used Bagman soft saddle bags and a no name tank bag. It is important to get off, stretch and look at the scenery at regular intervals to avoid cramping and tingling.

Jim
                            1981 GS550T (Long gone)
                            1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Working...
                            X