Latest project teaser: GS1100G Bobber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest project teaser: GS1100G Bobber

Picked her up last Friday in Greenville, SC. Started stripping her down over the weekend to figure out which direction to take her. Just a little teaser for now:

Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2012, 02:18 AM.

Originally posted by DrImodium View Post
    Just a little teaser for now:

your a sick man.... but congratulations, what year is it? any pre-teardown/ mid-teardown pics?

Comment

Jeez, I hope you "un-hardtail"it. It does have potential but you don't want to be injuring yourself. It kind of has a "brat style" look to it I think. I'm tired of all the cafes popping up but there is something about the brat thing that I like.

I'll be watching this with interest my friend.

cheers,
      spyug

Comment

Nice lookin' bike. I like how you lowered it. I did something like that with my gs750, but i used short (11in) rear shocks. I eventually went cafe with it, but I had to cut out the bump seat to get the rear tire enough clearance. I think a lowered bike looks cool, but a hard tail is rough. I hardtail a bobber I have, and it is fun to ride, but sometimes painful and can get pretty sketchy when hitting a big bump at high speeds. I almost went over the bars once because of an unexpected bump at about 60 mph.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSCF5015.jpg

scudder
        Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

The base bike looks exactly like mine - is yours an '82? Mine is becoming a bit bratstyle. I love that look! There are some great lines on these bikes which really lend themselves to getting rid of the big ugly square stock tail. The tank has a very cool shape to it. So far it actually looks really good - keen to see what you do with it.

Comment

I like it.
            After lowering the forks, you'll feel some sketchy cornering though.

Good luck! I look forward to more pics.

Comment

Beautiful craftsmanship! Great bike.
              Unfortunately that oversized tank looks hideously huge on that cool little bike.
              Want to sell it?
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The tank is my favorite.. I got the same one.

Best look IMO... low, stretched, but not too wide. Perfection.

Comment

Dig it. Start up a build log in the projects section
                  1978 GS550 E
                  673cc swap / the hot rod

2013 GSXR
                  New daily rider

2012 RMZ450
                  for playing in the dirt

Comment

want to sell the airbox? I can use one if it is complete with the rubber snorkel. Also, I might be able to use a good gauge pod if you are not using yours. Come to think of it, I'm looking for a front fender as well, if yours isn't beat up.
                    Last edited by 850 Combat; 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM.
                    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Here we are parting it out and he hasn't even given up on it yet.
                      Vultures.
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        he hasn't even given up on it yet.
                        Vultures.
                        When that happens, I might want the motor...

Comment

Here we are parting it out and he hasn't even given up on it yet.
                          Vultures.
                          No doubt.

Comment

Bike is a 82 GS1100IGKZ. Jet kit, gaskets, clip-ons, tires, cables, headlight, and shocks have all ordered.

Beautiful craftsmanship! Great bike.
                            Unfortunately that oversized tank looks hideously huge on that cool little bike.
                            Want to sell it?
                            I agree, however, what other tanks fit an 82 GS1100GKZ? I'm looking for something a little smaller but not a peanut. Stock looking-esque

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                            want to sell the airbox? I can use one if it is complete with the rubber snorkel. Also, I might be able to use a good gauge pod if you are not using yours. Come to think of it, I'm looking for a front fender as well, if yours isn't beat up.
                            I do have the air box, gauges, and fender. All in good condition and not using. PM me.

Comment

I would like to hear from you regarding shipment of the stock seat, airbox, gauges, and front fender. Its been a bit since payment.

UPDATE, 3-27:

Thanks for the shipping information
                              Last edited by 850 Combat; 03-27-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X