Chrome shop recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome shop recommendations

I have a couple pieces that need chrome plating. Some of them are trim pieces on an old Scott/McCulloch 75 horsepower outboard motor, which I believe are pot metal. Brown's says they don't plate that.

Any recommendations?
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Check out this chrome paint, I haven't used it but it looks awesome! You can get a choice of colors, and black chrome. New technology, might be worth considering.

sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

The only place I've had any plating was at Medford Plating in Southern Oregon. The did a rack I made for my dual sport and a front fender for my 650g. They looked find to me, but what do i know. I would think there should be some place closer. Check with an automotive shop as to where they send things. I checked with a paint shop about painting my fender, as I was undecided about chrome or paint. Paint was only$5.00 cheaper, so I went chrome. The automotive shop put it in with his items for pick up when the plater came through next time. I paid the plater direct, no (known) mark up.

Charlie G
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        The only place I've had any plating was at Medford Plating in Southern Oregon. The did a rack I made for my dual sport and a front fender for my 650g. They looked find to me, but what do i know. I would think there should be some place closer. Check with an automotive shop as to where they send things. I checked with a paint shop about painting my fender, as I was undecided about chrome or paint. Paint was only$5.00 cheaper, so I went chrome. The automotive shop put it in with his items for pick up when the plater came through next time. I paid the plater direct, no (known) mark up.

Charlie G
        Thanks. I can't believe I haven't found a local shop on the internet, but I have not. I may go by the Harley shop and see if I can find out where their customers send their stuff out. I had some Lotus parts done at a shop in Portland about 15 years ago. Not entirely happy with that work. I wanted triple plating, but they did my intake manifold and swirl pot with chrome only. The fron A Arms came out well in nickel over copper.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Brown's is local to me and they have been in business most of my life. If they won't do it, there is a good reason.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
          X