Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Clean up.

Hi guys,
    This is nothing special, but i saw some exhausts i couldnt afford and decided to clean mine up, it may give someone else the same inspiration?

Anyway, Before (i pulled off i bit of header tape to show underneath)

After

I have a different can coming, so i will upload a pic after i put it on the bike.

What did you paint that with?? I've not been able to find a paint that will handle headed temps that has a gloss to it.

Comment

We will see if the paint holds up.
      It is black high temp followed by clear high temp.
      It worked on another bike, should work on this i hope?

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
        We will see if the paint holds up.
        It is black high temp followed by clear high temp.
        It worked on another bike, should work on this i hope?
        Well I hope it does. I was an idiot once and thought simple 500 degree F paint would hold up on an exhaust. Yeah...uh... No. Soon as I fired the bike it went up in smoke. And the 1500-2000 degree stuff isn't shiny at all.

If it works, mayhaps I could talk you into sending a seppo buddy a few cans? hahaha

Comment

I'll let you know?
          Its all rated for engines and headers, and as i said it worked on another bike i did with a mate.

Comment

Those headers look great - nice work. I hope they work as well, seems like you're pretty confident they will, which is great. We'll be watching to find out what the product is, and if we can get it over here. I've got a few sets of exhausts I'd like to do the same with.

So not being a painter, what little I do know is 90% of the work is preparing the surface - what did you do there?
            Last edited by gs scott; 03-12-2012, 04:49 AM.
            Scott
            1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
            1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
            1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
            2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate :) 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X