X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pan seat

is it comfortable?

does anyone know anything about insta pan see link

I would just make one out of fiberglass and then used closed cell foam, definitely way cheaper and will work totally fine. for my build I'm mounting the seatpan to the frame using vinyl coated pipe clamps (no drilling through the frame).

Comment

i bought a cheap seat and now starting to dislike the idea. i need to patch the two hilea i made now but i am tool under funded no one in my house uses tools but me. but could goy go into setail on how to make one. also why you choose this style and maybe a few pointers

Comment

I haven't done it yet, but it seems simple enough.

Here's a pictorial guide:

Here is the clamps I found which I will be using for mounting. I will drill corresponding holes into the seat pan, and put bolts through the top of the pan which will go through the clamps. Once I'm sure they fit correctly, I'll fiberglass overtop of the bolts to secure them in. Then, in order to remove the seat I will just remove a bolt from the underside of the clamps.

There's a few ways you can do that, just my idea.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Once you have the pan made, you just shape your seat by gluing and cutting layers of foam. Bring a drawing to an upholstery guy, have them make it out of leather or vinyl and staple to the bottom of the pan. Voila!

Comment

sweet yeah it doea look to hard and i like the pipe clamp idea BUT i have already drilled holes now i feel dumb and gonna have to fill them in somehow

Comment

I glassed in some T-nuts, usually meant for wood, on a seat pan. Then tiny 1/2inch bolts from the bike side secure the seat in place. Just put a bolt in before laying the glass on top to keep the resin from filling the threads.

Comment

Working...
            X