No announcement yet.

To strap or not to strap, that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha I always use it as a place to hook bungee cords to when hauling stuff...

I say yes, because it will visually break up what is otherwise a very large expanse of fabric. Like in Maro's sig above me, the red accent on the seat really breaks up what would otherwise be a large, undefined black area.

Comment

Haha... voting is at a dead heat... I'd say... leave it alone until the whole bike is done... then make a decision based on practicality... will you miss it? will it hurt your bum? Can you not get it on the center stand without it?

That's what's important. I think it looks good both ways... but I voted for no, because that strap is a 70's look. Your bike doesn't have that going for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
        Haha... voting is at a dead heat... I'd say... leave it alone until the whole bike is done... then make a decision based on practicality... will you miss it? will it hurt your bum? Can you not get it on the center stand without it?

That's what's important. I think it looks good both ways... but I voted for no, because that strap is a 70's look. Your bike doesn't have that going for it.
        It's funny I have watched the voting and it's almost a 50/50 split all the time....

Getting it on the center stand is not an issue at all, I don't have one...

now will it hurt my bum .....that is a good question, I don't know until I ride, but in actuality it shouldn't it's far enough back I believe.

I am leaving it off for now, as suggested, until the bike is complete, I will then see how it looks, and take a few more pictures, and take it from there.

Comment

Its going to be far enough back that you won't sit on it.

You might actually find it handy if you plan on using saddle bags. With my fabric ones, I attach one of the cross straps too it with a velcro strap. It stops the bags from moving forward or sliding side to side.

Something else to consider.

Cheers,
          spyug

Comment

Saddle bags......,,,this ain't no pony, folks....

and we might all be beat on this anyways......

the significant other (The BOSS) well I let her believe so,,,,has told me she likes it without the strap on the seat.....now I am in a pickle....for sure...

might not even be my choice......

Comment

Working...
            X