X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exdirtbiker View Post
    Looks nice ! Just don't let any gas drips on it, or you're gonna be cryin'
    I hope I'm not that much of a klutz that I get gas on my front fender

tkent02, I have some pictures in my thread under gs owners section. not much of the completed bike because I had to take it all apart.

Also, I noticed last night even though I did two light coats and one heavy coat of clear it still wasn't much. I also missed a spot on the side (was painting in the dark) so I'm going to touch it up and dump more clear on it
    Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I just ordered 2 cans of the spraymax 2k... 50 bucks shipped... eek.

Comment

Danny,
        I think you made the right call. I'm getting ready to order some for mine. I have a compressor and a new touch up gun but I don't think I could do it any cheaper by the time I bought all the supplies. And I hate cleaning the gun! The only good alternative is to use the Preval sprayer. I have one of those too, so call me lazy; I'm still going with the Spray-Max.
        Niels

Comment

Duece,
          That is one kick-ass fender. Not only a good paint job, but a lot of imagination. Is the "S" a decall or did you make your own stencil?
          Niels

Comment

Originally posted by ndaugbjerg View Post
            Duece,
            That is one kick-ass fender. Not only a good paint job, but a lot of imagination. Is the "S" a decall or did you make your own stencil?
            Niels
            Thanks!

My dad has a printer that can print on sticker paper. Sized out the S to how big I wanted it, had him print out one, cut it out with a razor blade and stuck it on after I sprayed the gold. I had to re-spray the black on because I missed a spot doing it in the dark, and when I re-cleared it, it started to crack. So now I'm at work sanding the clear down, going to have one of the painters spray some real clear coat over it if all goes well. The only problem I had with the duplicolor enamel is the clear liked to sputter as I was spraying it so it wouldn't leave a very smooth path. Not sure if all brands have this problem.

Comment

Not all brands... but duplicolors nozzels differ from paint to primer to clear. in my experience... the clear always sucks.

Comment

Spray cans all work better if you get them really warm before spraying... like 100 deg F. Try sitting it in a tomato juice can of very warm ( not boiling) water for 5 mins.
                The Duplicolor cans ALL splattered after they were 3/4 empty, so buy extra cans and toss them before they get that low.
                1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
                1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
                1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
                Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

Originally posted by exdirtbiker View Post
                  Spray cans all work better if you get them really warm before spraying... like 100 deg F. Try sitting it in a tomato juice can of very warm ( not boiling) water for 5 mins.
                  The Duplicolor cans ALL splattered after they were 3/4 empty, so buy extra cans and toss them before they get that low.
                  Mine was doing that from the beginning. Mine just sucked!

Comment

Originally posted by Duece View Post
                    Mine was doing that from the beginning. Mine just sucked!
                    Which brand was it?
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I don't care how much trouble you had with it; It was worth it. Blew my socks in to the next zipcode.
                      Niels

Comment

Originally posted by ndaugbjerg View Post
                        I don't care how much trouble you had with it; It was worth it. Blew my socks in to the next zipcode.
                        Niels
                        which paint are you referring to ?
                        1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
                        1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
                        1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
                        Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

Rattle can.

And may I say, there are some nice rattle can jobs in this thread!
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Damn that's a nice satin black bro

Comment

Originally posted by Cafe2010 View Post
                              Damn that's a nice satin black bro
                              Thank you sir.
                              I also redid the badges.
                              satin silver w/ satin black background and hand painted red L
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Krylon special...

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X