• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitman which paint did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by hitman46mod View Post
      Rattle can.

And may I say, there are some nice rattle can jobs in this thread!
      Very, very sexy bike. I really like the total black look you got going on here.
      I want a little more shine on my 750, but this will tumble in my mind for my next bike.
      I think my next one will be a small twin, maybe even a dual sport, but all blacked out like this bike.

One suggestion though. If you can park this bike in front of a scenic background and take 1920x1080 snapshot, I'd love to sport it on my computer screen. lol.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

cheap tractor paint here...$4 a can...

Comment

Latest pic... 5/8/12

Comment

Originally posted by Cafe2010 View Post
            Hitman which paint did you use?
            And also what type of clear did you use?

Comment

mine:

more pics in my project thread found in my sig

Comment

Spiff, I LOVE how your bike came out!!!

Are you missing a mounting tab for your side cover? Looks like it's hanging low in the front.

Comment

hey guys this is my impersonation of a rattle can! not bad for a home done job right!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
                    Spiff, I LOVE how your bike came out!!!

Are you missing a mounting tab for your side cover? Looks like it's hanging low in the front.
                    Thanks, in the bottom pic the sidecover isn't attached and the seat isn't locked down, so that's probably why it looks a little weird.
                    But I am however missing the rubber grommets that go through the sidecover mounting holes, so if anyone have a couple of spares then I'll gladly take them

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper0001 View Post
                      hey guys this is my impersonation of a rattle can! not bad for a home done job right!!!???

Nope, not too bad at all. Looks great. The pics are a little small, though.

Comment

paint

rattlecan.. and a sticker on the tank from twistedmetal.

-Mark
                        Boston, MA
                        Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                        sigpic
                        1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

A friend of mine is an artist and uses spray cans a lot for his work. In his studio he has boxes full of different size and shape nozzles to use for different spray patterns. In fact the paint he uses doesn't even come with nozzles attached. You can change the nozzles on most cans if that helps.

Anyway, if this thread is about cheap finishes and will let different processes on, it can't hurt to mention that I have not painted anything on my bikes other than wheels. I like powdercoat! Obviously it's not for everybody, but it's worth considering because (at least where I live) it is very inexpensive and super durable. If you get the right colour it can be VERY hard wearing. There is even an "almost chrome" which could be useful in the right place. I have seen a tank done in almost chrome with painted highlights but can't remember where I saw it.

Here is my Harley with all tins done in texture black. I love this finish and use it a lot on my GS.

Here is texture black on my GS frame with a braided line for contrast:

And here is the rear fender of the GS in a dark metallic grey. Soon my front fender and maybe even tank will be in this finish.

Comment

Line-X it, cheap and durable lol
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post

How about a few shots of the rest of this beauty?
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                                How about a few shots of the rest of this beauty?

I really love that fender

Comment

Working...
                                X