Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some good sources for smaller turnsignals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some good sources for smaller turnsignals?

I have a '82GS650gl and the original turnsignals look big enough to be on a Mack truck. I was thinking of cutting down the shafts and painting the "chrome" parts textured black, but I wanted to see what was available first before I go through all that.

Also does anyone have or know where I can get a left side cover in any kind of condition?

Thanks, Ed

For turnsignals try:

For the sidecover, go to the old standby: eBay.

Good Luck
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

i just went to my local shop he has a fairly good selection between 16-23$ just did this yesterday, mostly lockhart-phillips

Comment

You can also search for turn signals on E-bay, there are a million of them out there. Search for things like "GSXR signal", "CBR signal" and similar, since the small signals are mostly marketed for newer sport bikes. Watch prices, though, there are lots out there for full retail or more if you aren't careful.

Mark

Comment

Shorter signals on my 1100 would look nice. Hmmmm.... cheap, too.

Related to the lockhart site, they have those folding billet bar-end mirrors I love. I always use bar-ends, but pretty cheap ones. $80 apiece is hard to part with, but they're slick.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Oddly, since I posted that last reply, I hit some ice and laid her down. A few hundred bucks later, I'm on the round, but lost my right bar-end mirror and cracked the shaft for my right turn signal. I had a spare turn signal, but, thinking I would never need it, I scavenged a piece if wire from it only a week ago. Now it's unusable - stupid move.

The Chaparral catalogue I got the other day has several short-stalk turn signals for $16/pair, so I think it's time.
            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Oddly, since I posted that last reply, I hit some ice and laid her down.
              That sucks, Bert. At least you are OK and damage was minimal. Just look at it this way:

"Crashing is God's way of telling you to customize"

Good luck with the signals.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark m
                "Crashing is God's way of telling you to customize"
                Mark
                love it! 8)

Comment

Something I did wayback, on my 82 GS1100E to purty it up.

Go to a truck stop. Yes, a truck stop.

Go to the accessory shop and buy a couple of single fillament teardrop add-on lights. get the size and shape you like, and get them amber.

Mount them on your tail plastic, in place of the old bar-mount lights.

They are bright, noticeable, and look pretty darned good.

Comment

Smaller turnsignals

I went to my local bike dealer and purchase signal lights that go onto a sport bike.. They are small , look decent and not pricey either.

Comment

I bought 2 sets of these on ebay this morning for 10.50 shipped to my door.

Comment

I bought 2 sets of these on ebay this morning for 10.50 shipped to my door.
                        C'mon Detman, you can't post something like that and not give us the seller's ID or store info. That price is cheap enough that even a cheap SOB like me is tempted.

Mark

Comment

Agreed original signals are huge

I found this site with some shorter stemed lights for the GS models.

Hope this helps

Comment

i got this set on ebay http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGSGarage/gs750project.msnw

Comment

Working...
                            X