No announcement yet.

Scratch-Built Seat Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has Series Land Rover tail lights, got a set when I had my landy for about £15 and used the old ones which weren't that bad.

Comment

If only I had a spare Land Rover at hand . . .

Actually some pics of that would be sexy.

Comment

Sideways again, I know, sorry, I don't have the pictures on my computer and don't know how to take them off flikr to edit them, but you get the idea. That tail will be going soon, but not to worry purists, everything will be able to go back to stock.

Image0227 by EvilEnfield, on Flickr

Comment

Those look tres chic, my man.

Probably can find something pretty close to those.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEnfield View Post
            Or I could just grab those. What's the diameter on one of those lenses?

Also, where'd you get the nice chrome rings for them?

Comment

I don't know off hand, I'll let you know for sure tomorrow but I think 1 3/4", as for the chrome rings, I hadn't even noticed them, seems strange because the land rover they came off was a shed, maybe the PO had tried to pretty it up at some point and started (and finished) with the tail lights?

Comment

Just ordered a pair of the lights. Too cheap not to really.

Comment

Here you go EE

Comment

Ugh, made special trip to a marine supply joint in town, but they don't keep any vinyl in stock. So I had to order some via Amazon.

Sucks living in a huge city, yet frequently cannot find things locally without a lot of legwork.

NBD, I have a yard of the standard black vinyl coming in AND a yard of some tan/faux leather vinyl. Been thinking about a Brit Green/White color scheme, and I think a tan seat might pop nicely.

Comment

and I think a tan seat might pop nicely.
                      and you would be right. I saw a new Triumph (Bonneville I think) yesterday that was stunning. British Racing Green with cream accents and a tan seat. I don't drool much but that got me going.

Go for it.

Cheers,
                      Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                        and you would be right. I saw a new Triumph (Bonneville I think) yesterday that was stunning. British Racing Green with cream accents and a tan seat. I don't drool much but that got me going.

Go for it.

Cheers,
                        Spyug
                        The only thing that foresee is the tan WILL pop, but will need some tan handgrips, so my cuffs and collars match.

Since this is just a second set of bling for the bike (not getting rid of the LSU set), changing handgrips won't fit my plan.

So I'll play around with the tan, but still have some black vinyl if it doesn't play out.

Comment

Mister Cinders, I messed up a bit, sorry, the lights are 2 1/2" diameter. Will they still be alright?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEnfield View Post
                            Mister Cinders, I messed up a bit, sorry, the lights are 2 1/2" diameter. Will they still be alright?
                            Should be fine. The tail face is about 6" x 6" - so two of those could work either side-by-side or up-down.

I really dig the bullet-like shape of the lenses, so even if the size forced me to use a single light, that's cool.

Comment

Found a source that might work for the chrome bezels. I really like this idea. http://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/Merc...BRCS/CTGY/L25B

Comment

Working...
                              X