Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will '82 GS850G Seat Fit '82 GS850GL Frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will '82 GS850G Seat Fit '82 GS850GL Frame?

I've been in contact with Corbin Seats for the possibility of getting an all leather seat made for my '82 GS850GL. I just sold (yesterday) the Corbin seat i had made for my 2004 BMW R1150R that i sold a few months ago. (bike was just too high for my 29" inseam) Picked up $325 for the seat,.....a heck of a steal for the buyer as it was not even broken in due to the bike's uncomfortable height for me. But that gives me a good start in getting a Corbin made for the Suzi.

I liked the firmness of the Corbin, and i had it made with the side panels also made with black leather. ($700 seat back in 2006) Usually the side panels are vinyl, and today leather top/vinyl side panel seats run $479

Anyway, they could work from a original seat pan, and reduce the passenger hump height more like the GS850G seat.

I like the less aggressive passenger rise in the GS850G, and want to find a decent pan (seat cover and foam can be crap!) that Corban can use to lay up fiberglass on.

Just wondering if i can get a few more "possible" seats available if the GS850G seat also fits and attaches the same way to my GS850GL? As my original seat is in such great shape, with no tears and a rust free pan, i have no intension of cutting it up for the pattern base.......

So,......anyone know if they mount the same and will fit?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2012, 03:41 PM.

I think they mount up completely different, and the key lock is in a different location on the bikes. Key in the seat on the L and key in the tailpiece for the G, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
      I think they mount up completely different, and the key lock is in a different location on the bikes. Key in the seat on the L and key in the tailpiece for the G, IIRC.
      That's what i was afraid of. Mine has the key lock at the very back of the middle of the seat. Never had a GL850G so is why i was asking.

thanks.....

.......but i expect Corbin can level out "most" of the passenger step up on any build,.....more to the look of the "G".
      Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

What he said, totally different, won't fit, sorry.
        But yes, I can see where you are going, the G seat is the most comfortable I have ever traveled on.

Comment

Working...
        X