Paint detail ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
    What program are you using for your demo pics?? I may steal some of your ideas this fall/winter.....imitation is the biggest form of flattery
    I've been using Adobe Illustrator. I'm going to mock up some more of the body parts for playing with. Granted they'll be the 650E look but if anyone wants the .AI files when I'm done I'll be happy to share.

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
      I've always thought the best stripe designs complimented the lines of the piece you're doing, enhancing the lines that are already there. The stripes on a Cooley, for example..tank and fairing swoop, side covers and tail are straight.
      I used one of your awesome paint job photos and did a admittedly sloppy mock-up.

It's not a bad look. Still not sure though.

Comment

Move the red inside the black stripes like your fairing sketch. Maybe thinner stripes in the back (they look thicker than the tank stripes in the mock up).

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
          Move the red inside the black stripes like your fairing sketch. Maybe thinner stripes in the back (they look thicker than the tank stripes in the mock up).
          Yea I was following the full S look in that mockup. I need to look at a 3D program. So I can really get a good look with the colors and lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
            I used one of your awesome paint job photos and did a admittedly sloppy mock-up.

Add the yellow rims and some red stripes on the outer ridge of the rims and you can paint my bike like that any time you want just for the practice to see if you like it...
            Saving your photo here for future inspiration, I was thinking more towards the White/black/red combo, but your pulling me over to the yellow side of the fence

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
              ... you can paint my bike like that any time you want just for the practice to see if you like it...
              I must admit that I will likely look to a pro to paint it. Maybe even nvr2old if I can afford him. I don't have the patience to do paint right, I know this from many attempts on less expensive things in the past. Could I do it? Sure, but i'd always see every flaw. I'm a perfectionist (when it comes to my own work) and I'd end up painting it over and over and still not get it right then end up getting ****ed and take it to Maaco or something. LOL

The real test is how much will the wife let me spend on paint...

Comment

i like the way that is striped but it is just too many stripes for me if you like it do it

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post

THAT looks awesome! I REALLY like that.
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Hi guys, does anyone know where I can get 1982 GS1100g Tank, Gard & side guard stickers from????

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by nuts View Post
                      Hi guys, does anyone know where I can get 1982 GS1100g Tank, Gard & side guard stickers from????

Cheers
                      You already asked in 2 other threads, now your going to start hijacking other peoples threads...if you didn't get the answer you were looking for then, you won't now either. Why not join a forum properly, with an intro thread in the new owner section, list bike location, etc, then post your questions in the appropiate section. You may get a better response this way, or use google.

Comment

Working...
                      X