STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES

AM RESTORING MY 79 GS1000L AND WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE THE BRAKE HOSES WITH THE BRAIDED ONES. ANYONE KNOW A SOURCE.ALSO LOOKING FOR A NEW CHAIN GUARD,PREFERABLY CHROME.

THANKS
    RON

I use/used Russel brand lines.
    If I remember......$90 for the front and $30 or $40 for the rear.

That was a few years ago.....no problems, no leaks
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I recommend the Russell's too.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

You might try Flanders for Russell brake lines pre-made for your bike. Your other alternative would be to buy certain lengths of brake lines and separate fittings. Dennis Kirk would be a good starting place for lines and fittings; get a copy of their catalog - it's much more useful than their website for picking lines and fittings.

Comment

Since 1979, J&P Cycles has been the go-to for die-hard motorcyclists who know aftermarket expertise when they see it. Learn more about our stores & online shop!

Comment

I saw them in premade sizes on http://www.denniskirk.com and the universal stainless steel lines were 18$ for 3" and 39.99$ for 54". Any reason that these are less than the ones you guys got? Been looking at getting one for my front brake.

Also how well do the pressure operated brake light switches work? I am tired of losing those little pieces in the stock switch.

Comment

bgmart: I didn't look at the ones you're talking about but it's worth your while to get plastic coated lines. The stainless will saw through anything it goes near and it gets dirty easily.

Steve

Comment

They did have a coated one, but not sure if it was plastic coated.

Comment

Working...
                X