polished caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polished caps

Have to say Thanks to member "Ram" here on the site, for these caps, they were not polished like this when I got them I forgot to take pictures for the before, but after about a 1/2 hour of polishing on the wheel, this is what I ended up with...

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Those look pretty sweet!
      Doing the bowls next?

What is your polishing set-up?

Tank

Comment

Nope, not going to do the bowls, was not going to do the caps either as my original ones are plastic and I painted those, these I just got, so I might use them...

as for my setup, it's very basic

and some sandpaper, micro fibre cloths, a dremel tool for those tight spots, and a lot of patience.......

Comment

Same sized spring cups in both sets of caps?

Eric

Comment

I don't know, I have to take one off my existing setup and compare, I hope they will work....

Comment

I am glad I could help!! Now Let me ask that Cap back!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
                I am glad I could help!! Now Let me ask that Cap back!! LOL
                NO.....LOL

but you can have the black plastic ones, or I can polish up the ones you have on your bike.....

let me know, what I owe you for these ones,,,,,let me just make sure they are compatible....first...

Comment

Ya gotta do the bowls now! I just did my caps with the same result and had to do the bowls to match. You gonna clear coat?
                  No signature

Comment

Naw, not going to do the bowls, way too much work, and I am not about to remove the carbs, it's a real PITA, so the bowls will stay as is...

clear coat, nope no need the caps are aluminum so I should be OK, just keep an eye on them and some metal polish once in a while should suffice

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                      NO.....LOL
                      let me know, what I owe you for these ones,,,,,let me just make sure they are compatible....first...
                      First find out how well they fit your Carbs. I am pretty sure they should be the right fit!

Comment

Working...
                      X