Badge? We don't have no badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badge? We don't have no badges

But I want some for one of my tanks. I have the block letter SUZUKI badges, but want to use something else.

Some hunting turned up Suzuki emblems from newer bikes (just the S) like this one:

Image too big and won't resize.

or these (though Bangkok seems a little sketchy)

or this

These badges are either flat-backed or have nubs that will have to grind off. So here are two questions:

1. Any other Suzuki variants out there for a smaller emblem?

2. Since any of these badges will have to attach without fasteners or tabs (my tank offers nothing for them), they will be held by some adhesive. What do people use for this? Epoxy?

TIA

The modern Zuk emblem used on the Busa and Gixxers is a pretty expensive piece - like $23 each! (I know, I wanted one for my tail section)

I believe they come with acrylic adhesive pre-installed, sort of like the double-sided foam tape you hang posters with, but stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      The modern Zuk emblem used on the Busa and Gixxers is a pretty expensive piece - like $23 each! (I know, I wanted one for my tail section)

I believe they come with acrylic adhesive pre-installed, sort of like the double-sided foam tape you hang posters with, but stronger.
      That's why I am leery of those cheap parts from Thailand.

They also seem to employ a couple of nubs to add some mechanical strength to the attachment. I'd have to grind those off.

Thanks.

Comment

I used to ride a Kawasaki and the logos on those were held on with a double sided tape. If you get the right double sided tape it's plenty strong. I sure wouldn't use epoxy!

I play guitar in bands and use double sided tape to hold my pedals to a pedal board. I need to use a screwdriver to pry them off if I want to change something. The beauty of double sided tape is that you can remove it without leaving a mark, but it's very strong. I just get mine from the hardware store - it's the stuff you use to hang mirrors on walls.

Comment

3M double sided tape. The kind with the red paper you peel off. It's THE best. They will not come off until you want them to. Even then, it's difficult.

I've used velcro for guitar pedals. Works great.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Yeah lotsa guys use velcro for guitar pedals. I don't like it because it gets covered in crap from being on the floor at gigs etc. Double sided tape is much neater. Yes I am anal.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
              But I want some for one of my tanks. I have the block letter SUZUKI badges, but want to use something else.

Some hunting turned up Suzuki emblems from newer bikes (just the S) like this one:

Image too big and won't resize.

or these (though Bangkok seems a little sketchy)

or this

These badges are either flat-backed or have nubs that will have to grind off. So here are two questions:

1. Any other Suzuki variants out there for a smaller emblem?

2. Since any of these badges will have to attach without fasteners or tabs (my tank offers nothing for them), they will be held by some adhesive. What do people use for this? Epoxy?

TIA
              same as your bangkok, only cheaper

or just use decals

Comment

oh, and it's..."badges...we don't need no stinking badges"...Blazing Saddles

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                  oh, and it's..."badges...we don't need no stinking badges"...Blazing Saddles
                  No. It begins "Badges? We don't have badges." and then gets to the stinking badges, etc. It was in Treasure of the Sierra Madre with Bogart.

Comment

Working...
                  X