Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(possible) GS1000 Tank Option: Honda CB900

Hello,
    I was working on my CB900 Custom carbs and I thought I'd see how her tank fit on my 1978 GS1000C. As you can see, this is an option that may have potential for those of us who have tanks with issues (which is probably most of us).

The front tank supports are resting on top of the rubber pads, so the tanks would require some modification. The tank needs to be moved down in order for the handle bars to have clearance.

Oh, and please forgive the sacrilege. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Here is a link to the album.

Cheers,
    Lyle

Looks good,A Honduki i think?

Comment

It actually looks like it belongs there.

How did you mount it? What modifications had to be done?

Eric

Comment

I just set it on there temporarily. It has a single bolt mounting like the original tank, and while it rests in a different position (right on top vs. at an angle on the rear) it would be a very easy mod to mount on the rear. The front would require more experimentation. I am guessing a Cb750 tank is a bit smaller, and that it may provide for better handlebar clearance.

The slight indents along the back give it a bit of a cafe look, which is cool.

Cheers,
        Lyle

Comment

Actually, I think it looks pretty good, think the front may be sitting just a tad high, but the trick will be how to do the mod, mod the tank? probably easier to mod the frame on the 1000 you think? No thin metal or gas to deal with and you could probably make the mod on the frame so it could be undone should you get the proper tank.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
          X