Drag Bars or ClipOns on a GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
    This is something I was thinking about as well, but for my 83 gs750e, I was thinking more of clip on bars, do the forks have to come up a bit in the tripple tree, or do they clip on below the tripple, does anyone have a picture of this kind of setup ? and is there any issue in clearance, for the small fairing, tank, etc....

Thanks
    I bought (from ebay or someone on this site) a set of aftermarket clip on bars for my 1983 GS750ES but have not installed them yet. They do mount the same as the stock ones, but the bars are much lower than even the shorter ES bars.

I will try to get a pic for you but they are not yet installed.

I held them up to the position they would go and they seem to angle down toward the ground a little more than stock too.

Comment

I am the original owner on this one. The only reason it has survived is that I crashed it the morning after getting married. It sat under the back deck for 25 years. I started to rejuvenated it last April 2011.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

heres an 1100E with drag bars

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
          I bought (from ebay or someone on this site) a set of aftermarket clip on bars for my 1983 GS750ES but have not installed them yet. They do mount the same as the stock ones, but the bars are much lower than even the shorter ES bars.

I will try to get a pic for you but they are not yet installed.

I held them up to the position they would go and they seem to angle down toward the ground a little more than stock too.
          This would be cool.......Thanks....

hey Rapidray, not sure what the difference is PM'ing a picture that can be reposted, or just posting it here....

either way, seems mriddle will have a pic up soon....

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Mark View Post
            heres an 1100E with drag bars
            Looks tough, I like it.. thanks for posting MArk..

I'm really trying to decide between Drag Bars, Clubman or Clip ons..

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              I am 5'11" & love them.
              my torso is so long that everything puts strain on my lower back. i need to be sitting up more. i pre-emptively wear a back brace when im doing strenuous work to keep me from hurting myself.

Brian
              Brian

82 GS1100E
              sigpic

Comment

heres a thread i started on clubmans

Comment

mriddle, still waiting on your pictures,

rapidray you can post any you have also, or pm them to me that will work as well

another question, anyone in my area, close by that has clip ons already, or a set they are not using yet, for a test fit, I will travel, but not too far...

maybe time to start searching the web for an inexpensive set....

Comment

Working...
                  X