two-tone paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two-tone paint

is the pinstriping or decals or whatever that strip is on the sides of my bike still available? id like to paint the tank and side covers next winter so now should be early enough to start looking *L*

the stripes should just be pinstriping under the clearcaot. thats what mine was anyway

Comment

Originally posted by rodcwer
      the stripes should just be pinstriping under the clearcaot. thats what mine was anyway
      The stripes on mine are coming off they appear to actually be decals under the clear coat.

Comment

if you want to keep the factory look with decals just go to your local vinyl sign shop and have them make a set for you. then when you've repainted your machine just have the sign shop install the vinyl. voila factory look refurbished.

Comment

Hi,

I can cut custom or reproduction emblems for our Suzuki's..
          Any color or style scheme so you can also get that custom look instead of factory. .
          You install them, just like any decal, AND there not pricy....
          I also have over 5000 graphics in my library do touch her up for Spring.
          check it out at

Still constructing so e-mail any requests if you don?t find it, I can probably get it...

Stimpy

Comment

If you are only doing pin-striping that is relatively easy. I went down to the local Pep Boys and picked up some single and dual stripe tape and applied it myself. just get a modelers scalpel to trim it once applied. Don't clear coat over a pin-striping tape. when the tank gets hot on a sunny day the material has to breathe, it will crack the clear coat.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDdAkMVZQGYCl84fHqw4btTI8wAroKMgiHN!sT1Zud5dw6Io Ei4pzLXqef3694Va7if*ihhNWVrKB0AWR2RIx8nYKhKY8eJFMv yNnmX3Mg0aYV9snE7Mw/HPIM0144.JPG?dc=4675468753547282178[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X