Rear-set question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear-set question

I've thrown my hat in the ring as being interested in the rear-sets that T8erbug is looking into to have manufactured but, if that falls through or does not materialize then, I am looking to find some that will fit anyway.

I came across these

They are available here: http://omarsdtr.com/rssuz.html
    This leads me to my question, the ones shown in the picture are for an '82 GSX1100E and I have an '82 GS1100EZ, are these inter-changable?

Are the riders peg mounts the same on both of the bikes? Are they different, like the difference between the '82 and '83 GS1100E?

If they aren't inter-changable, does anyone know where I can get a set of rear-sets for an '82 GS1100EZ?
    http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

I think they would fit, bit I am not sure.
    Those are about $100 than the ones here:

Comment

Good prices here.

Motorcycle, Racing, shop, online shopping, store, Exhaust, Billet, Chopper, Harley, Suzuki, Carbon Fiber, Titanium, Rearset, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Bike, Muffler, Full System
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

I've had both the RAASK and Tarozzi rear sets.. I like the Tarozzi set more.

Comment

I've used Tarozzi rearsets (on my '78 550), and if they have a set that are designed for your model, they are totally worth the price in terms of ease of installation and adjustment. They are available with solid or rubber pegs, and folding pegs are an option, also. Usually about $325 shipped.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I do like the style of the universal Tarozzi's.
            Now I have a new question, it may sound dumb but, I really don't know, using the Tarozzi rear-sets (universals), do they mount in place of the passenger pegs? Or is this something that needs some sort of mount all its own?

The descriptions never seem to have information on this.

Just a little added info in case someone else is interested in this for an '82 GS1100EZ.

This is a copy of an email I sent to Omars inquiring about the rear-sets I started this thread with:

I am looking for rear-sets for a 1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ, I did find that you show rear-sets for an '82 GSX1100E and am wondering if they are the same?
            Will they fit my '82 GS1100EZ? If yes, how much are they and how do I order them from you? If no, do you manufacture them or know where I can find them?

Thank you very much,
            David F. Wyckoff

This is a copy of the response I received:

David,

I have to confess that I'm not super familiar with that model, but after looking at lots of pictures of the E and EZ, the peg and levers look the same. I will contact Mr. Raask and double check, but I think it will be a bolt on.
            The sets are $295.00 + $15 shipping (and tax if in CA.). You may call and order or I can send you a PayPal invoice.
            Since this is a model not specifically listed, I will accept them back, as long as they are intact and undamaged.

Thanks,
            Robert Ward
            Omar's DTR
            925-429-6277
            http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working...
            X