Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a builder or kit for GS1100E hardtail conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You like standing out in a crowd you say???? Get the bike stock and fresh and youll stand out in the crowd as "that dude with the badass Zook that was up at bike night last night"
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

There was someone here a year and a half ago by the name of brandon25 that pretty much did what you are wondering about, here is a link to his thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=174452&page=7

The guys here are really great and will point out things that you might not have thought about when it comes to safety or re-engineering pitfalls however, there are also those that will condemn you for even thinking about it.

Just remember this, IT'S YOUR BIKE! You can do whatever you want to it!

Read through the thread, it has a lot of good information about what you will be getting into, it might even give you a couple ideas.

Hope this helps.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

very nice bike, I like clean looking factory bikes that aren't all cut up to s$$t!

Originally posted by groundshock View Post
        And in response to your last post, if the 'look' is your thing, take a look at some pics of my 750L.

No irreversible mods, rode like a Cadillac, looked phemomenal, and gave the next owner the same thrill. All on less than 1000 dollars.

Some pics:

Proof positive that you can get the look you want and not destroy it. The bike was able to be put back to stone stock in less than 2 hours with the exception of some of the painting, and none of the parts painted were offensive.

Good luck man.

Comment

Working...
        X