No announcement yet.

THE LED pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, finally went through some pictures on my home computer and found some from my "playing around" last summer.

If you look closely, you can see the LEDs. (not gonna brag about the cost)
    The ones around the license plate are obvious, the subtle ones are on the back of the reflectors on the saddlebags.

Here is a close-up of the license plate frame.

Here is what it looks like in daylight.

And at night. Sorry about the blue lines, the LEDs are bright enough to overpower the camera.
    (click the picture to run the video)

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Had a set 6 led on one small block and 6 led on the other block, they were blue and i felt like a cop so i took them off, i attached them with velcro tape. They were nice in that they ran off the same switch and if they were just lights without color i would have kept them as its nice to have low power consumption lights if broke down on side of road. Would make a good safety feature if on bottom and top of bike and a switch that comes on when bikes laying on side in case knocked out in crash at night.
      More visibility!!!

Comment

Done tastefully LEDs can be fine. Got to be careful not to end up looking like one of those overly lit up 18-wheelers though. Or worse, one of those Dekotora trucks in Japan.

Sure people can see you...

Comment

beginning of my taillight
          blinkers

light

brakes

and in action
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
            So you have any information on how that installed? Any modification to ethe head lamp housing?

That will be one of my firsts mods and some info would be appriciated.

Comment

Dodik I like your emergency blinkers. Do they also blink as turn signals? That's a pretty clever set up.

Comment

Here are my rear LED blinkers (advance to 0:26), they are meant to be bar ends.

http://youtu.be/VlCijfjGRac

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                  Dodik I like your emergency blinkers. Do they also blink as turn signals? That's a pretty clever set up.
                  yes i just hit hazard button to show all of them on, but normally they are regular blinker

Comment

the LED's on my GS............
                    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                      I don't much care for lights accenting my bike, but this will accent the crap out of the road.

Man Dale, that thing's gonna blind everybody coming toward you.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                        Man Dale, that thing's gonna blind everybody coming toward you.
                        Well, yeah. If I leave it on high beam. I throw more light with one light than some trucks I've passed.
                        Dogma
                        --
                        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dodik View Post
                          yes i just hit hazard button to show all of them on, but normally they are regular blinker
                          Very cool. My bike doesn't have a hazard button, but I can see how it would be useful.

Comment

my left switch switch is off of 98 ninja iirc. original stopped working and that one has a choke lever built into it and wasn't expensive

Comment

Working...
                            X