Plasti Dip? Anyone try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasti Dip? Anyone try?

My GS850 looks a little too nice to start hacking up and repainting. I kinda want to see it in black, though. I was thinking about going the plasti dip route as you can always peel it off later and not ruin the originality of your bike. I'm kind of sketchy on the gas tank, though. I'm not sure its not just going to peel off where the seat rubs. Anyone try this stuff out with any success?

Not a motorcycle, but I blacked all the badges on my 4Runner. It's held up well over the last year or so.

It might peel off where the seat rubs, though (or anywhere that sees frequent contact). For a test—just to see if you like it in black—you can't go wrong. It will peel off without hurting anything.

Comment

it looks flat, but the texture really kills it. i tried it on my previous bike and it doesnt look good. it attracts dust and crap easily

Comment

Originally posted by 5t341th View Post
        it looks flat, but the texture really kills it. i tried it on my previous bike and it doesnt look good. it attracts dust and crap easily
        it comes in many colors not just black, and if you want it to shine up a bit and or give it a smoother texture use the clear coat afterwards...

I did the grill on my car, and all the badges on the wifes car (no pics of the badges) but a few of the grill

this is the black, no clear coat applied, holding up well

Comment

small parts look okay like your grill, but on a large panel like my old bike, it really looks ugly. just my opinion

Comment

Working...
          X