fairings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fairings?

whats available for fairings and where can I look online? previos owner gave me something but it dosn't look good in my oppinion on the bike. I think its a pacifico aero-foil? dont have the mounting hardware anyway.

I have looked at jc whitnet and I like this kinda look.... http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10101

but it says that one wont work with the turn signals mounted on the headlight body, and the other one they have thats similar that will work is ugly

if your confident in your construction skills then you can make any fairing fit.

Comment

crazyguy, I put a very similar quarter on my 550 and although my turn signals are bar mounted the spot where you would mount them on the headlight brackets is clearly open. And if you look at the sides of the one you posted and mine they are very much a like. I would think it would work. And if not it could be made to with very little modification. If you look at the picture I posted below, you can see the reflector right where the turnsignal would mount. It is wide open.

Here is what I am talking about, click this link for more pictures like the one below: Quarter Fairing On KZ550

Comment

My turn signals are mounted on the headlight bracket. Replaced with some Honda signals with longer stalks to clear the fairing. Flat bars put the master cylinder lower out of the way. Supplied brackets bent to mount on the headlight shell bolts. Silicon sealant where the fairing touches the front of the instrument panel.

Comment

If you do have to cut away for your signals, it's very easy with a Roto-zip (plug for a local company) or you could use a coping saw. I did that on my old Yamarat and it worked fine. The fairing keeps the wind off your chest fine. The fasteners that come with it are crap and rust instantly - pick up some stainless stuff.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

hmmm, I work on light aircraft for a living(cessna 180,182, 185's mostly) so I have access to the stainless hardware, and my die grinder makes quick work out of plastic removal. any pics around of that fairing on a GS650, or even just any GS thats similar?

Comment

Originally posted by crazyguy
              hmmm, I work on light aircraft for a living(cessna 180,182, 185's mostly) so I have access to the stainless hardware, and my die grinder makes quick work out of plastic removal. any pics around of that fairing on a GS650, or even just any GS thats similar?
              OOH-ooh-ooh. 185......fun...........big motor.......up, up, up, stall, dive, made my brother puke.......fun.........
              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Working...
              X