engine pics requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine pics requests

im tired of my all silver engine...anyone have a black one with polished side covers, black engine with the outside of the cooling fins silver? or just anything but silver lol

also want ideas to make stock airbox look better (850G)

My 1100 is like that...

Poor picture but it's all I have here.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

my god that looks good...might have to make a trip to the parts store now

Comment

here ya go...

and all done

Comment

Beautiful looking bike Gatekeeper!

Comment

Originally posted by GSScoobie View Post
            Thank You....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GSScoobie View Post

my god it is...what paint did you use?

Comment

just some DupliColor Engine Enamel spray paint

Comment

Beautiful job there GateKeeper.
                    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

I went a different route. I wanted some contrast. It's Duplicolor "cast iron" engine enamel. Still tough as hell after 2 years.

80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

67Camaro's 550 has something similar to what you're looking for.

Comment

Measure the thickness of the fins leading edges and get some pinstriping. Apply the pinstriping, paint, let cure, remove pinstriping.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Guess you could also cut strips of blue painters tape to cover the leading edges too.
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Here is my engine I am currently assembling, the cases were silver, bought some engine enamel called low gloss black. Of course I have chrome and polished aluminum covers that will go on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X