Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 socket caps

hi all,

just looking into some details. On 1150s, and others too I guess, Suzuki used plastic caps that fitted into some socket bolts to cover up the hole and tidy it up. See part No. 5 in the diagram below. there are several sizes used in different locatios on the bike.

What I was wondering was if there is a cheap source for these (other than Suzuki). Maybe we could do a bulk buy?

I imagine several GS models of the time would have used similar plugs.

Doesn't hurt to ask, eh?

Richard

1 tube of black silicone.
    fill holes with silicone and wipe off the excess and let dry...

Comment

look on ebay, there are plenty available and fairly cheap,
      example.....

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I've found them in most auto-parts stores as well.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Blower: good last resort.

Agemax: I have contacted that guy to see if he has those chrome covers in black. They are exactly the right shape and size so we might be lucky.

Mike : I haven,t seen them in shops here ( but I haven,t really been looking either). I will ask next time I am in one.

Thanks again
          Richard

Comment

Richard, there are plenty more there, i didnt really look in depth. you could always spray them black!
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Usually in the section where they have interior and body fasteners.

Comment

here ya go........

Pro-Bolt know you love your bike, our range of bolts and fasteners is used by race teams and individual riders and with one of the largest selections available, customising, accessorising or lightening your motorcycle is just a matter of choice.

Last edited by Agemax; 10-23-2012, 07:27 PM.
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

or you could use something like this as a cheaper option, just hold them in with a blob of silicon.....

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Hey Rich, I am going to Repco or Supercheap on Saturday for some tools and will have a look there. I wouldn't mind getting a few too. I will let you know if they stock them.

Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

That would be great.

The eBay link that agemax referred to ( the one with the chrome covers ) has answered an email and has said that he can easily get in black covers at about 30% less than the chrome covers. Planning on putting an order with him.

But I will hold off until I hear how you go at the shops on the weekend.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Richard

Comment

Working...
                      X