Getting naked!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    Where did you find that War of the Worlds head lite? That looks cool.
    Ebay, my good man!! There's several listings on there for the same light. Look for The Online Parts Shop out of the UK. I'd recommend the light, it puts out plenty of light, and takes a load off the GS charging system. Beam width could be better, but distance and intensity are fantastic. The pics don't do it much justice, but riding alone on a dark road inspires much more confidence than the stocker ever could. It cost me about $120 shipped.

Low Beam:

High beam:

This is with it still angled a bit too high, and a distance of about 20 feet.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-08-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
      Hey Mr Sinister, I took those chrome hanger, bracket thingies off my 450 as well.

Bearings stay put in swing arm, but replacing them might be a good.
      All I did was to shorten the bolt at an engineering shop, the retapped it and it works perfectly. Footpegs are just mounted as yours.

I am going to use the blank hole for my exhaust mount.

Also took my chain guard off and even cut the tabs off.

Looks good!!
      I haven't gotten the chance to do any cutting or grinding on my frame yet, but I have several brackets to smooth out, along with smoothing out some boogery factory welds.
      I did end up pulling the swingarm bolt, and the needle bearings looked pretty good (bike only has 12.5k on it), so I smeared some fresh grease on the bolt, and slid it back in. I used a simple 3/4" spacer instead of cutting the bolt down, but I probably will cut it eventually.
      I got some mixed signals about the chain guard. It's pretty flimsy, and isn't going to do much should I blow a chain. Sure, it keeps chain lube from flinging, but if your chain is still flinging lube after the first mile or two, you used too much. Ultimately, it got axed for a cleaner look.

I also plan on moving the electrics to under the seat, ditching the side covers and stock airbox, and going with pods, to really clean everything up. It's not a touring bike, just something to mess around on.

Comment

Working...
      X