Plating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plating

Been working on a few parts while the machine shop got my heads. So far I did the pushrod tubes, air cleaner cover, tail light & gas cap in 24k gold.

Nice job.

Sure doesn't look cheap, though.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

What strange kind of GS are we working on ??

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
        What strange kind of GS are we working on ??
        His signature says:
        Zim
        '06 FXD35I
        Technically, this probably should be in the "other bikes" forum, but it is an "appearance"-related post.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Bought my '82 Katana offa the showroom floor in '82. Rode it for 25 years, till I felt like an old guy on a young guys bike.

I don't gotta be the fastest kid on the block no more. Today I only ride Harleys, but don't get me wrong. I was the guy who could sit in the bar all day long and tell you why my Suzuki was better than your Harley. It goes faster, stops faster, turns faster, gets better milage and never, ever breaks.
          All that stuff is still true today, but people change. I liked Harleys since I was a kid and alot of the reason I ride today is due to watching my local outlaw MC ripping up the street on super loud choppers. When the time came for me to ride, fast was my #1 priority. I been through seven Harleys since I sold the Katana in '07. Every once in a while I still miss it, like when some young punk on his first little Gixxer or Ninja needs a drag racing lesson. Superglides are my bike of choice now. Whatever chopper I have at the time, my main bike is always a Superglide. It's no Zuke, but it can still wheelie and is probably almost as good in the turns as the old Katana was.
          Anyhow, this is my local bike, the one I'm doing the plating on.

Comment

Looks good...how much do you charge?
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              Looks good...how much do you charge?
              Depends on if it's gold, rhodium, black chrome, copper or nickel. The size of the piece, the material I'm plating over. For something like that gas cap, about forty bucks, fifty if I plated the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
              X