Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A more "Tour Friendly" 84 GS1150ES windshield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A more "Tour Friendly" 84 GS1150ES windshield?

I'm currently doing my 84 1150ES build. The goal of the bike is update the older components with newer technology and also make the bike more tour friendly. I'm coming into a bit of the unknown now here. Trying to locate a windshield that offers better wind protection then the stock windshield. Does anyone have any advise where I could go to source an adequate taller screen? Or any advise to increase the upper body wind protection on these bikes?

Thanks!
    Jedz Moto
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2002 Honda Reflex 250
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
    2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
    Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

I have heard good things about the laminar lip. It just adds a little height and improved aerodynamics to the stock shield.

Comment

I believe zero gravity makes one that is two inches taller. No idea if it improves the buffeting or not. Leaving well enough alone I opted to stay stock height when I bought mine.

Comment

Our patented Adjustable motorcycle windshield systems | motorcycle windscreen adjust for height and angle to smooth out turbulence, guide airflow and create the most comfortable ride.

These get good reviews but it is doubtful he has one specifically for the 1150. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
        1983 GS 1100 G
        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
        X